cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer sends a physical threat?

IMG_1536.jpeg

 how do I approach this? 
item is at usps and hasn’t shipped out yet.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Buyer sends a physical threat?

@fruitsandveggies75 wrote:

Didn’t mind paying to intercept it back to me as precaution. 

@gurlcat wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

You have initiated an "intercept". They are not always successful.

I wonder if they even refund the $17 if they deliver the item instead of intercepting it.   

When one initiates an intercept, they aren't charged unless the intercept is successful. 

I've only tried it once. I didn't get charged because the package ended up getting delivered.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

I've thought it would be a good idea to refer to "us" and "we" rather than "I" and "me" but I always forget, ha.  

I love the expletive-laced word document idea.  

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

Right no pay unless intercepted.

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

If I get a seriously late package and the buyer is being a complete idiot like this I will not take the chance on my items to be refunded by ebay when they file INAD. IF THEY FILE INAD with no movement for a certain period of time the buyer can get a refund AND then keep the merch when it arrives.

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

Don't you mean INR?

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

I'm going to lean towards the buyer is a scammer. 

What does their profile look like?  How long as a member, all feedback categories, and their actual location look like?

Is it stuck at the post office because they won't pick it up / sign for it? Could it actually be at a freight forwarder? 

As others have said, stop communicating with the buyer unless there is an open case. 

Buyer does not have the sellers address just yet because they don't have the package. 

For the buyer. They really screwed up. The seller and eBay have their address right now to file reports!!!!

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

I also don't suggest that the OP issue a partial refund, at least not yet! We have no idea when @fruitsandveggies75 shipped the item nor what the estimated delivery date is.  As most of us know, it's not uncommon for packages to go days without scans, often not showing movement until delivery. 

@fruitsandveggies75 

When was the item sold? 

What date was it shipped? 

What is the estimated delivery date shown on the order? 

We still haven't received answers to the questions I asked nearly a full day ago. I'd also lean toward the buyer being a scammer if the messages came within hours or a day of purchase. 

However if it's in reference to the $500 jacket that was sold on April 7, there should have been some movement by now.

@fruitsandveggies75 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 52 of 52
latest reply