cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says they didn’t receive item

Buy keeps harassing me they didn’t receive item even tho I sent it and it’s delivered! They keep harassing me!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Have they opened a case?

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Have you answered with something like.......I sure understand your concern, but if the PO says it's delivered, not much I can do except suggest you check with family/neighbors and if that doesn't work......your postman.  The PO should have GPS as to exactly where it was delivered........   If you feel it was stolen from your premises, please do report it to your PO, as they will investigate.....

If that doesn't get rid of them.......just keep responding with the same message.......

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If the tracking number uploaded on Ebay states it was delivered than your job is done. You can report them to Ebay if they are abusing policy. You can also block them from future business with you as well. 

That being said, I would make sure i contacted them at least once (Only within Ebay messages) with the tracking number showing it was delivered.

Be positive and do not respond negatively. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

Have you answered with something like.......I sure understand your concern, but if the PO says it's delivered, not much I can do except suggest you check with family/neighbors and if that doesn't work......your postman.  The PO should have GPS as to exactly where it was delivered........   If you feel it was stolen from your premises, please do report it to your PO, as they will investigate.....

If that doesn't get rid of them.......just keep responding with the same message.......

I would answer with something like this, but only once. No point in feeding the trolls.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Below is my 'saved response' I edit and use whenever I get one of these.  

My flow:

1. If they just message and say they haven't got their package, I reply with the below.
  2. If they have filed an INR (Item Not Received) case, I will:
    1. 'Send the buyer a message' in the case, with the response, and then
    2. add the tracking information to the case that shows it as delivered.

Either way, I *always* 'win the case', and *almost always* even have the buyer thank me for being so helpful.

-----

I understand you are indicating you have not received your package that tracking # [NUMBER] shows as Delivered [WHERE (in mailbox, front door, etc]. Could it be possible the order was placed with an old address? From the order, your package was shipped to:

[ADDRESSS]

If this is your current and correct address, then other possibilities can be it was picked up by another member of the household. I'd recommend checking to see if someone else in the house has picked up your package. You may also wish to see if a neighbor picked it up either by mistake or intentionally, thinking your package was at risk of being stolen.

Sometimes it, unfortunately, happens that a USPS mailperson ends up behind in their route and scans a package Delivered at the end of their shift but ends up delivering it the next day. Now, they are absolutely not supposed to do this, but it does happen, so it may arrive tomorrow or the next business day.

Next, at the time of the Delivery scan, the GPS coordinates of where it was scanned as delivered are recorded. You could take your tracking number to your local post office and as the recipient of the package, would have the right to request that they give you the coordinates of where the package was delivered. This may assist you in locating your package.

Hope that helps! 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply