cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says item wasn't delivered, but the tracking says it was...

I had a buyer tell me that she never received the item I sent her even though the tracking shows delivery confirmation? I told her to check with her neighbors and contact the post office and she did both of those things. What should I do now?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You need to call and go up the ladder.  This item is not going to show any more delivered in 2 days.  Again, you need to call and push through Peggy and get to someone that will close the case IN YOUR FAVOR.  

If you let it go, there are many chances for "glitches" to happen and you will be the recipient of those glitches.  Call again, trust us, get it done, asap.  Hold until it is done.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 24 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

I also ask them to verify their address.  On move than one occasion I heard, "oh I moved".

If she opened an item not received, fill in that tracking and call eBay and they will close in in your favor

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Nothing much you can do. Some folks believe their buyers and send refunds or replacements others go wiith it isn't their problem...

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

So long you are absolutely certain the tracking shows 'delivered' I would send the buyer this link:

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

FIRST, you protect your account by adding the tracking information, EVEN IF IT IS ALREADY THERE.  Then you call eBay and have it closed in your favor while you are on the phone. 

Then you tell the buyer that they should speak to their postmaster and their mail carrier.  Ask them to check the GPS scanner, which will tell them where the package was left.  If they still can't find it, tell them you are going to open a theft report with their post office, and that they should cooperate with the federal authorities when they come to take their statement.  If it is a legitimate claim, they will be happy to do so.  If they are scamming you, they will "find" the package. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Deep in Gotham fightin' crime...

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

She hasn't opened a case yet, but she told me she went to the post office and they said that it was delivered. Should I wait for her to open a case before I take action?

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

yes. all u have to do is the response that u did . if she opens an item not received case, then just call ebay and say that a buyer opened a case for item not received, but tracking clearly shows it was delivered, can we please close this.
Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@cj4455 wrote:

She hasn't opened a case yet, but she told me she went to the post office and they said that it was delivered. Should I wait for her to open a case before I take action?

Well, at this point there's no further "action" for you to take. She has confirmed with her own post office that they delivered it, so I don't know how much more attention she's going to give to you anyway. I would not contact her again unless or until she pings you first, and if that happens, get back to us here before responding. 

As noted above, if she does file an Item Not Received dispute, you respond by uploading your tracking number where indicated within the dispute console, assuming that it does show a Delivered status in the buyer's City and ZIP (i.e. the Ship-To: address that you receive with the payment). Even though you may already see the tracking number showing as part of the transaction details, you still need to upload it again if a dispute is filed by the buyer. Keep us informed...

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

You did your job, you mailed the package and USPS shows delivered. For all you know this buyer tells all sellers the pkg wasn't received despite tracking, in hopes some will refund anyway for a freebie! If you want to give items away then sell them for a penny. Otherwise, input the tracking if she opens a case and it should close in your favor. Sorry, but even if your buyer is telling the truth it's not your fault someone stole their pkg or it was misdelivered. There's nothing else for you to do.
Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Thank you everyone for your replies. It's been 2 days and she hasn't contacted me about this issue. I think she just does this to every seller she buys from hoping to get a refund.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Alright, unfortunately the buyer has opened a case. What should I do next?

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

@cj4455 wrote:

Alright, unfortunately the buyer has opened a case. What should I do next?

If the tracking shows delivered to the zip code on the PP payment, enter the tracking # in the case and then call ebay and have them close it in your favor.

Here is what she said in the case:

"They can't find it, so it's apparently lost. The carrier professes to remember to deliver it on Saturday, but those2 packages were addressed to my boyfriend and from Amazon (I have the tracking to prove it). It was supposedly delivered on Friday, but I was home and the notification didn't come in till later that night, which tells me they just marked it s delivered when it wasn't. You should pursue filing a claim with USPS because I feel it's their negligence/false reporting. I know it was not on my porch."

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Do what I said above first, then tell the buyer it's between them and the PO. You have done your job.