cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says I cheated her....

I sold a doll to a buyer which she received Jun 30 ,gave me great feedback ,Said everything as described and was perfect . Now today she texts me and starts the I CHEATED HER and the doll was Not as described and she is angry . SO Now what .This a first for me and I know others have been thru this so what do I do ?

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Communicate through eBay messages, not texts.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 16 of 64
latest reply

I don't know enough about the dolls but maybe it is possible the heads got switched? No matter what if she files a claim you have no choice but to allow her to return it. There is no such thing as no returns. Also if she opens a claim and you refuse it, Ebay will allow here to keep the doll and get her money back.

Message 17 of 64
latest reply

@sculley wrote:

The doll was in great pre-owned condition and I described everything to the best to my knowledge . She left me great feedback and then tells me she wants to return it because she is not as described . I asked what the problem was and why she thought I lied and cheated her. She said the head is not on the right body. Now I told her I got her that way and I displayed her as such and now she was sold to her . It's a good body but she didn't want that one . I can't sell her what I didn't get in the first place and never thought it was the wrong one. So what do I do ,because returning and refunding is going to be a nightmare with this one. I don't take returns as stated in my auction . I'm afraid I'm getting scammed by one that will keep the doll and get her money back.... I've heard from people that is why they stopped selling here. And yes I have sold dolls that I know are on the wrong body and have said so in my auctions ,So this one slipped through  unknown to me. Also I meant She got delivery July 30 not June 

@sculley 

So your buyer "just" received their doll, correct?  On July 30th? (yesterday/Saturday?)

I sold some Bratz dolls one in a lot and I guess several heads were switched around - thankfully, the correct heads and bodies were all there and the Buyer sorted it all out.  lol

I know your listing says "no returns", but on e-Bay "no returns" does not necessarily translate to "no refunds".  How expensive was this doll?  If the Buyer has not "formally" filed a claim, I would not do anything until they do.  

A "text" message does not a "claim" make.  Keep us posted!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 18 of 64
latest reply

"I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. Please return it for a refund."

If she demands a partial refund, with no return.

If she opens a Dispute with eBay.

(She can't after 30 days).

If she opens a Dispute with Paypal

PP will tell her to pay for the tracked return. On return you will be told to refund.

If she opens a chargeback.

Chargeback policies differ, but perhaps at this point she will have given up.

Great layout response. Seems like the buyers phishing for discounts and partial refunds these days are on the rise. Once the seller offers to refund with return of the item a lot of them seem to vanish other than getting added to BBL's. 

Message 19 of 64
latest reply

@sculley wrote:

I sold a doll to a buyer which she received Jun 30 ,gave me great feedback ,Said everything as described and was perfect . Now today she texts me and starts the I CHEATED HER and the doll was Not as described and she is angry . SO Now what .This a first for me and I know others have been thru this so what do I do ?

OK, texting you a month after the sale AND leaving great FB?  I'd have nothing to do with it.  She can't DO anything just texting you.  I wouldn't respond to the text.  She needs to contact you through the site. Ball is in her court.  This smells fishy.*

ETA: *Like she has already violated MBG too often.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 64
latest reply

The buyer only paid 5.50 for it. I know the shipping alone was more little over 5.50 to send it to her. So on top of sending her a refund for the doll and shipping ,I have to pay to have her send it back to me so I really lose. Bummer 

Message 21 of 64
latest reply

I 'll have to see what she does. I just don't get it , give me a great feedback and then calls me a liar and cheat. Its nuts. Thanks for the help .Good info

Message 22 of 64
latest reply

I would not respond to texts, nor do anything about this until she contacts you appropriately on the site.  Off-eBay communication in this respect is a no-no, anyway.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 64
latest reply

This is the first one I had that calls. me a cheat and liar and leave great feedback . If its about the body ,I'm sorry but she actually got a better body than the one I've seen on some barbies. I could send her a similar one but it won't match the head do to age. But it was the same one I got with her. Live and learn. I'll block her after all this . This is the second one in 2weeks . Crazy 

Message 24 of 64
latest reply

She sent it thru my eBay messages. So I have to deal with her in 3 days.

Message 25 of 64
latest reply

@sculley wrote:

She sent it thru my eBay messages. So I have to deal with her in 3 days.

OK, I thought she had texted you per your original post and then mentioned it again, and this seemed really 'off' to me.  If she opened a return, yes, you'll have to deal with it.  What I would do is what @reallynicestamps suggests.  It's the correct way to handle this, it will make your buyer whole, and you won't have to jump through hoops.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 26 of 64
latest reply

Thats what I told her to do ,to send the return for refund on her item actions before I do anything. It did send it through to my own email from eBay messages , I miss stated ,it was on eBay . Sorry I wasn't clear . Fingers and typing get ahead of my brain LOL

Message 27 of 64
latest reply

I don't take returns as stated in my auction .

You can refuse returns. You still have to make refunds.

You can demand a return before refunding even if you have a No Returns policy.

Get something back.

Argue about what arrived if there is a problem then.

Message 28 of 64
latest reply

You need to refund, it is $5.50 and you made the error, not your buyer.

1. Your buyer did not receive this doll until 30 July not June (message #14)

2. It was $5.50 - I would not require a return, not worth upsetting a buyer over

3. As per your post "And yes I have sold dolls that I know are on the wrong body and have said so in my auctions ,So this one slipped through  unknown to me" (message #14) you made an error and the buyer is at no fault here.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 29 of 64
latest reply

I'm so confused.

What is/was the buyer unhappy about?

Was the message via text, email or ebay massage?

Why does the OP have to deal with it in 3 days?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 30 of 64
latest reply