cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer paid for item and shipping then requested a refund - changing his story multiple times

I sold an item to individual and they paid quickly including the shipping.  Then they wrote and said EBAY charge them $26 in shipping charges and no way were they paying that and requested a refund. I had already processed the shipping label and was ready to ship when I got his message. Then he wrote again and stated he wanted a refund because I didn't properly describe the item. So what is the reason? too much shipping or not a detailed description.  He gave me horrible feedback on my stellar account. It sounds fishy to me. I asked EBAY to handle but I have not heard back from them. All correspondence has been through ebay, so I not completely fishy, but fishy... Why did he pay so quick and not review the details? Then why did he change his story. 

I still have the item. My question is has EBAY charged me for the shipping label already or is it charged the day USPS receives the item.  I want to do what is right and honest. My intuition is something isn't right about this whole process.  Please help! 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyer paid for item and shipping then requested a refund - changing his story multiple times

The feedback the buyer left you was justified, If the buyer asked to cancel, then cancel. It's not good customer service to force an order on a buyer regardless of reason.

You can void the label and cancel the transaction as buyer requested. 
The label is charged the second you paid for it, voiding the label you will receive a refund within 2-3 weeks from USPS if the label is unused. 
Printing and voiding labels 

Just an FYI...when you have eBay handle your business for you they will always side with the buyer. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sorry, but IMHO you earned that neg. The buyer's reason for canceling doesn't really matter. Any time a buyer requests a cancellation, it's in the seller's best interests to just do it; there's no point in arguing with them.  You can void an unused eBay postage label up to 5 days after purchase.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/labels-packaging-tips/buying-printing-shipping-labe... 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It rarely works out well when you refuse to cancel an order before it is shipped.  They would have seen the price of shipping before the purchase so there is no way to know why they wanted to cancel. If you had cancelled, you could have voided the label and avoided the return and negative.  It's frustrating when that happens but when a buyer doesn't want an item, there is no point in forcing them to accept it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Just showing pictures isnt good enough,those scratches should be noted in your description.If it wasnt, the buyer has an excellent case for winning an item not as described. I see you didnt note the scratches in your new listing either.Saying 'note the pictures carefully' is disingenuous.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Never ever let eBay handle an issue with a buyer claim. Not only are they going to side with the buyer 99% of the time and fully refund the buyer but they are also going to still charge you the FVF's on the transaction. USPS has already been paid for the label but as ebooksdiva you can void the label and get refunded from USPS. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply