cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer offered 30$ more than listing price

I had a pair of smith goggles up for sale for 20$, a buyer offered 50 and I obviously accepted and they paid the 50$. I know this is a classic scam but if they actually paid, should I ship it? or will they still try to say the item never came or something. Another thing to note is they messaged me wanting to change the address but I said it'll be a hassle and they said its fine and to ship it to the original address. The buyer has 9 feedback with all good reviews. Should I refund them and not even mess with it, or should I ship the goggles?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If they paid, you ship it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ive heard that they will try to dispute the sale though, saying the item never came or something. So if I ship this is there any risk of me getting in a bad situation?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The real question is how exactly did you get paid?

If you got paid legitimately through ebay, then the order should be showing up in your Seller Hub under Tasks  "Print labels and ship," click on that link and if the order appears under that then you should be able to purchase and print the label.

If however you did not get legitimately paid through ebay, then your order will not show up as something that needs to be shipped, but rather as "awaiting payment" and so long you are showing awaiting payment you do NOT want to purchase a label.

That said those goggles should be relatively low risk.

@tantuffe-0 wrote:

Ive heard that they will try to dispute the sale though, saying the item never came or something. So if I ship this is there any risk of me getting in a bad situation?

Make sure to purchase the label through the ebay website or app, get something with tracking like First class or possibly priority mail.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There is a risk of a bad situation for anything you do in life. Anyone at any time can become a dishonest person without any warning. You agreed to the price and accepted the payment so now you need to ship the item, or you will get a Defect from eBay.

Did you list them about 5 times already? Does the $50 offer seem like a high price for them as compared to other prices they have sold for? It does seem like it may be a scam, but this is not normally the type of item that is being scammed. You will not know until after you complete the sale. Just make sure you send them with trackable shipping.

If you are scammed just make sure you have the proof in hand before you appeal to eBay. If you receive an empty package back the shipping labels indicating the weights would be important. If eBay gives them a refund because they show something was delivered get something in writing from the shipper stating the tracking number was not delivered to your address.

Once eBay denies your claim it becomes difficult to get their decision overturned so give them the proof to start with.

Hopefully everything will be ok and the buyer wanted the item so badly that they offer so much for it.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

How did he pay you the $50?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Since it was an auction where you accepted a best offer, then I don't see that as an issue.  That is actually how I feel best offer on auctions should work.  Having said that, there is never any way to be sure a transaction won't possibly have problems. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Just make absolutely sure that the money has been paid.

In Seller Hub under Orders, see Orders Awaiting Shipping.  The order should be there.

If the Order is under Awaiting Payment, then you have not been paid.  

Posting ID
Message 8 of 8
latest reply