cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer made a flase chargeback and after 2 months It's still not resolved

A buyer got their package and right away made a chargeback.
I replied to the dispute right away but the buyer did not reply in months...
When I asked Ebay support about it they told be that they can't do anything about it and that I should contact MY bank about these chargebacks... I don't see how that would help since I am based in Germany and the buyer is from US. Is there anything I can do?? How should I resolve it if the buyer does not communicate?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The buyer doesn't have to respond, it's all handled by their bank.

Nothing you can do until their bank decides if the buyer is getting a refund or not.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Nothing really you can do.

The BUYERS bank is who decides the situation.

All you can do is respond, and you shouldn't respond super fast. You needed to collect and compile every piece of evidence that supports your claim.

Then it's a waiting game for the BUYERS bank to make a decision. A decision that both you and eBay have to accept because it's final.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@jalu_28 

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do.  It's the banks decision to refund or not.  By the way, if you are based in Germany, you should probably change your location to Germany from Slovakia.  Customers need to know exactly where their orders are coming from.

Good luck

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@jalu_28 

One more thing...You need to change your return policy.  No returns does not mean no refunds:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

How long does it usually take the banks to decide ? Will I be notified about the verdict?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@jalu_28 

I filled a charge back a over a month ago due the fact that I tapped into a scam link that was supposed to be the link for Google Fiber.  I contacted my dc company and received my money back with in a week.  I think it also depends on who your card holder might be.  Lets hope the chargeback is denied and you won't have to pay out.  

Keep a good thought & good luck

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

That depends on the bank.

It could be a few weeks to a few months.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I had a charge back file back in December, just got resolved yesterday, 9 1/2 weeks. Buyer didn't recognized, I supplied proof and email from buyer saying it was a mistake, finally won but took over 9 weeks, lucky it was only for $15

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@jalu_28 wrote:

How long does it usually take the banks to decide ? Will I be notified about the verdict?

It varies alot depending on the bank that is reviewing the case and how fast or lazy they might be at the moment.

I once had a chargeback take almost a year to come to a decision. But ebay covered me already months before then and gave me my money back. So when I got the email about the decision, I lost the case so the bank took the money out of ebay's pocket. Had I won the case it wouldn't have mattered to me, the money would have just gone back to ebay for covering me.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I suggest google and read all about chargebacks from a bank. US banks allow a chargeback in 120 days. It's usually in the hands of the buyer's bank and eBay usually steps back.  Final decision comes from eBay where eBay tells you what the bank saids.That is usually final. Doing an appeal might cost you another $20. and you usually still lose. 

Its in the hands of buyer's bank...so buyer will probably never answer emails from you.

I won a chargeback from a buyer in Canada from his bank in December. It took less than 2 weeks for it to close. I did my research on chargebacks and stated chargebacks usually are for only 120 days to this bank in my documentation. You are dealing with a bank and got to know what to say that the bank reads and makes a decision.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply