cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is requesting a return after 60 days

Hello everyone!   Im fairly new to Ebay selling..  I started in October..   I just received an email today from a buyer that wants to return an article of clothing..   It was purchased on Nov 3rd and shipped the next day..  

The email stated..   Can I return this item, it was given as a Christmas gift and doesnt fit..  

Its now Jan 9th..   I could even see if it was right after christmas..   But over 2 weeks after Christmas now..   I am aware that the no returns, doesnt mean no refunds..  I have accepted some returns..  The item is a Lularoe Sarah Cardigan..   Retailed at $70.00    I sold it with best offer at $60.00    

First my one concern is it sitting in someones home for over 60 days...   Im not sure if the tag is on it,  as I still need to respond to her email.   But I always feel bad and will probably cave..  but it really gets me frustrated.. At what point can you say no..   

I have been selling Lularoe for over 2 years and even on Facebook I never had anyone after 60 days.. But im aware of the Ebay bad negativity and so far only have postive reviews...    Im a single Mom with 3 kids who got caught up with the Lularoe nightmare and now in debt because of it.    

(Incidentally I just checked my rating and I have one negative that someone wrote..   exactly   "The seller sold the item already and im really dissapointed,  I should have kept my gift card")

I think they reviewed the wrong person,  I dont give out give cards, and if something sold why should I get a negative review?   That one confused me..    Lol   

Thanks for any advice..   😞  

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

I am sorry this is an old thread dating back to January of 2019, perhaps it would be best to start your own discussion on this matter.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

This is happening to me now, the  buyer couldn't do anything on eBay since it's past 60 days so he filed for charge back on PayPal. Buyer also left be a positive feedback..

He Claims figures were fakes, but the exact items are being sold on eBay. After contacting me I told the customer I can't refund after 60 days. I can't recoup my eBay fee's. So Paypal sides with him (of course). He was required to return the item but kept one of the figures, he got a full refund. I have to eat all the fee's now he has  free figure. 

I'm trying to dispute it but probably nothing will happen.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@robsbin 

Paypal requires that the buyer pay for tracked shipping and will not process the refund untill the item has been returned.

Even if the seller's policy is "No Returns", she can still demand the return of the product before refunding.

but the exact items are being sold on eBay.

Which could also mean there are other fakes being sold.

He was required to return the item but kept one of the figures, he got a full refund

Did you appeal to Paypal that only one figure was actually returned?

Did you refund voluntarily, or did you make PP do the refund and come after you for their money?

The weight of the sent and of the returned packages would be important evidence.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Yes, I did appeal the decision and noted that he only returned one of the items. Customer paid for return label per Paypal's requirement. At this point, I just want the figure back. He got his full refund. So I don't know why he's playing games. 

Message 34 of 34
latest reply