cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is keeping items I accidentally sent along with his shipment

Buyer purchased items for approximately $15.00.  In my haste to sent the item out I shipped all contents of the box containing his item.  The other items were also listed on eBay.  I've emailed him twice and not only offered to pay for the return postage, I offered him a refund for his entire purchase including his original postage.  In other words his item is completely free.

What to do other than to give him horrible feedback?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You can't give a buyer bad feedback. 

You can plead, but seems you've already done that. I'm not siding with the buyer, morality would dictate that he agree to return the items, but asking people to be morally correct doesn't go over well these days. The world's full of schmucks...

What you can do is learn from your mistake and not do it again. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I am very sorry that you have a buyer that does not want to do the right thing, but unfortunately,  there is nothing further that you can do.  Learn and go forward. 

As the previous poster stated, you can not give buyers negative feedback.  In regards to their purchase, it appears that they fulfilled their obligations. Not that it would matter in regards to feedback. 

Take a deep breath and make sure to cancel the other items included in his package. 

Put the buyer on your blocked bidder list.

Here is to all of your future successful sales!

Grandma 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

In your "haste" accidently included other items while packing and you want to give buyer a "horrible" feedback? You are an experienced Ebayer and this one you own. You know you cannot leave a neg, bad feedback to a buyer, you know you have to pack a purchase made with the up most care and check it thoroughly? Sorry, this buyer did nothing wrong in my opinion.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

A person receiving unsolicited item may keep them. 

This is a law that was past to keep a scam from happening in which the person received unsolicited item and then was charged for them.

You accident gave those item away. Be more careful.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

If I were the buyer, I'd return the items, but I can get why one wouldn't.  If one feels that coordinating the return of the inadvertently-sent items outweighs the positive of the good deed, that is their choice.  Stinks, but that is the way it is.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Many of us have made mistakes in our "haste" to get packages out in a timely manner. When we do that we can hope the buyer will return the item(s) sent to them in error especially when the seller has asked for the return and offered to pay for the return.

Just because a buyer is not obligated to return the item doesn't mean it is right for them to keep the items either.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yo cannot shame someone because you sent them a gift. You cannot force the person to return anything you sent them.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

A buyer can file a case when the wrong items are sent. However, a seller can't. Unless they return it, there is nothing you can do.  Always check and recheck before sealing and shipping.  Bummer.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You didn't say if they responded to your emails so assuming that if the buyer hasn't responded then maybe they haven't read their mail yet, or they haven't responded yet but intend to. Maybe they will soon respond favorably.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, consider it a hard lesson learned.

Hope you did not lose too much money on this mistake.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply