cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer falsely accused item fake, refused authentication, left negative comment & requested refund

I'm selling second hand clothing on eBay. A buyer purchased a 100% wool Gucci scarf from me and claimed the scarf is not authentic and requested a refund. 

Firstly. buyer posted a photo from the store (photo below) and claimed the colour is different from the colour of my scarf.

sukiyakizheng_0-1612826951493.jpeg

Below is the link to Gucci website for the scarf:

Graphite GG Jacquard Pattern Knitted Scarf | GUCCI® Australia

I attached my photos of the scarf. Clearly I can tell  the colour of my scarf is exactly the same as that of the photo on Gucci website.

sukiyakizheng_1-1612826951514.jpeg

sukiyakizheng_2-1612826951526.jpeg

She also mentioned the texture of the scarf in store is smoother.  I know for a fact that texture can change after use and time, plus the texture of 100% wool has a scaly exterior and can make you feel itchy but smooth (unless mix with cashmere or silk).

I told buyer to get the scarf authenticated if she thinks it's a fake. If she can prove it I will refund full amount. She came back and said it would cost her $70 and asked me to pay for it. So then I told the buyer that I would authenticate the scarf with a trustworthy third party if buyer could send me back the scarf at my cost. If the scarf turned out to be a fake, I would pay for all the fees plus a full refund to the buyer. However, if the scarf is authentic, the buyer needs to pay for fees for authentication plus the postage for me to ship the scarf back to the buyer and the buyer keeps the scarf. To me this is the best idea I can come up with to protect myself and the buyer. But buyer refused and insisted a refund / eBay to step in. The buyer has also left two positive reviews with negative comments to me.

I know eBay is always in favour of buyer, as such I know my chance of winning this case in low. I know I can have a stronger stand if I have a receipt for this scarf. But this was a gift from a friend a couple years ago and I don’t have a POP unfortunately.

However, I do not want to tolerant this kind of buyer, anyone can help with my case. My ultimate goal is:

1. Get the reviews removed;
  2. Prove the scarf is authentic and not issue a refund (However, I know this is hard, worse case, get my scarf back and issue her refund)
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Buyer falsely accused item fake, refused authentication, left negative comment & requested r

That's not where you can comment again. Since that is the feedback you gave to the buyer.  You should reply to the original comment she left for you.  Apparently she's going out of her way to make you look at fault.  When people look at feedback the first page they see is the feedback others have left for you.  Any response needs to be courteous and factual.

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

Re: Buyer falsely accused item fake, refused authentication, left negative comment & requested r

I wanted to see what kind of items you sold because you have such a high number after your name.  Apparently you are a buyer only as you have no listings.  I guess the best advice a buyer can give a seller who has been ripped off is exactly what you have said.  Because ebay will always side with the buyer, the buyers have learned to call not as described even though there are photographs, and get free stuff to sell on ebay.  And don't tell me you use a different name to sell and you have sold on ebay 20 years.  That rings hollow.

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

There is a method to Report a Buyer and Request to Remove Negative Feedback.  I just did this finally after buyers doing similar efforts (mostly succeeding) in getting partial refunds.  The one I reported got a generous refund and did not return the item.  Then they left horrible negative feedback.  Ebay sided with the buyer and the negative feedback is still there.  Even though I have a good selling history with ebay and I met all her demands to settle the dispute and eBay won't even review the feedback.  Be aware of who is responding to your questions.  Just because someone responds to your question does not mean they are a seller.  I would expect to have the buyers tell you  accept abuse from buyers and move on.  Ebay is always a learning experience.  Seller beware.  

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

After seeing your name I had to see what you sell.  Apparently you don't sell or buy on ebay.   I guess you just like to give anonymous  advice. 

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

yeah there is a lot of this going around, I have had 2 completely  authentic items from the store taken down being people are just angry, the sad part is I see the exact same items from other people for sale, but whats ebay do about that, nothing....

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

try using another platform these guys are going downhill as far as a selling platform, there is more fake crap on here than anywhere else on the planet and they take down real stuff

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

Lots of sellers use a separate ID for posting on this board. Common practice. 

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Why should it ring hollow lots of people have multiple ID's including multiple seller ID's, buyer ID, posting ID......... Not sure how they keep them all straight but it seems to be pretty common practice. 

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

zombie.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 39 of 41
latest reply

This thread is from last February.

However, if you wish to open a discussion regarding your situation, i urge you to start a new thread to avoid confusion. Sorry to hear you had to endure two such experiences recently.

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

It looks like you spent way to much time, effort and worry on this.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing happens from time to time.

If you're going to continue  selling on ebay, get used to it. 

Accept the return. Refund the buyer when you get the item back. Re-list it.  Go on with life. 

Sorry this happened to you.  Good luck in the future!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 41 of 41
latest reply