cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims item not received, tracking shows delivery attempt

Well that's it. Buyer claims item not received, but tracking shows delivery attempt failed. Buyer says he has been home all the time. Item was sent to address provided at buyers profile, everything correct. Now buyer wants a refund... how should I manage this?

Please help. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buyer claims item not received, tracking shows delivery attempt

eBay considers any attempted delivery as being "delivered".

Enter the tracking into the claim.  Call eBay and ask them to look at the tracking. Point out that there was an attempted delivery and ask them to please close the INR in your favor.

After that, tell your buyer to contact their post office to either pick up the item or schedule a redelivery (The redelivery can be done on the USPS.com tracking page)

*** I just noticed that you are in Portugal *** Adjust the advice above to say "their local postal or courier service" ... if you know which service is delivering the item, use the service name and procedure for scheduling a redelivery (look it up).

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Well, I already told the buyer to go pick it up at post office, but he says he already went there and there was no package for him. Weird situation. Either the item is still on the way, or buyer is lying. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Was this item sent with Postal insurance? If so, just open a claim with the Post Office. You could also open a missing item trace with the Post Office.

I would respond to the buyer and let them know that you are working on your end (this would be visible to ebay and would delay automatic refund payment) and also ask the buyer to open a claim at their post office (hopefully you can give them the tracking number).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply