cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claimed my item didn't work, sent it back, it works, left a bad review. Can I submit proof?

Hi all, I sold a camera to a buyer who was incompetent, didn't know how to turn it on. I don't accept returns, but because of his claim I had to accept the return. I got the camera back, immediately turned it on. I have to issue refund, so I did that today. 

Now they left me a bad review. I appealed in the sellers help hub, but there wasn't an option to submit video proof. I took a video of the camera with the serial number and wrote todays date on a piece of paper. That's the best thing I can think of. Any suggestions of how to get this to eBay?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyer claimed my item didn't work, sent it back, it works, left a bad review. Can I submit proof?

I'm trying to prove I shouldn't have a negative review.

@jsatmary 

Good luck with that.  eBay has gone to a new system which appears to be some sort of BOT stuck in DENY mode.   Customer service is no longer allowed to intervene, and the veracity of the red donut comment review is never questioned.  

From a post on eBay's F.Book page from an eBay employee: 

eBay for Business
We’ve recently standardized the process to have all feedback appeals submitted through the Seller Help Dashboard to better align with our global process and maintain consistency for all users. This would be why any support member you talk to though phones, chat, email, or social media would be unable to assist with the removal. We understand that changes can sometimes be challenging, but we believe this adjustment will ultimately create a more streamlined experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Translation:  We refuse to be bothered with this issue anymore.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I'd suggest you've wasted enough time on this project already.  eBay doesn't care about "video proof," especially if it's just to get a neg removed.  Relist it and move on, you're lucky you got it back at all.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

And put that buyer on your blocked buyers list. You don't want a repeat performance. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Did you call the buyer the names they are claiming in their feedback?

Prob the best you can do is report the buyer for misusing the Money Back Guarantee, and leave a professional reply to the feedback along the lines of:

Camera was tested and working before shipping to the buyer. After camera was returned, it was tested, powered on and functions with no issues. Unsure why the buyer had difficulties with it. A full refund was issued.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

you sound a bit jaded- is eBay really that **bleep**ty towards sellers? I'm not looking for mental acceptance, I'm trying to prove I shouldn't have a negative review. if you can't help with that, okay, hopefully someone else has a suggestion.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

thanks for the suggestion. the blocked buyers list hasn't been loading for me for over a week. I'll try again

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

The best advice I can give you is the same as @wastingtime101 .

I may add...

In the future, just accept the return without the name calling.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

okay thanks, I'm unable to leave neutral or negative feedback. from what I understand, sellers can't leave negative feedback to buyers? that's absolutely insane

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@jsatmary wrote:

okay thanks, I'm unable to leave neutral or negative feedback. from what I understand, sellers can't leave negative feedback to buyers? that's absolutely insane

Correct, and it's against policy to leave a neg comment with a pos rating so don't do that, either.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Look Mary, I'm trying to help you by telling you you're wasting your time on this.  eBay has better things to do than look at your video because you want them to remove a neg.  They don't look at videos because they can be doctored in so many ways. It's not going to happen.

I think you may be confusing "jaded" with "realistic."  If you come here looking for "suggestions," then you need to be ready to take "suggestions."

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

he left a negative review, so I should be able to as well? or at the very least neutral? or no? thanks for your insight

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I'm trying to prove I shouldn't have a negative review.

@jsatmary 

Good luck with that.  eBay has gone to a new system which appears to be some sort of BOT stuck in DENY mode.   Customer service is no longer allowed to intervene, and the veracity of the red donut comment review is never questioned.  

From a post on eBay's F.Book page from an eBay employee: 

eBay for Business
We’ve recently standardized the process to have all feedback appeals submitted through the Seller Help Dashboard to better align with our global process and maintain consistency for all users. This would be why any support member you talk to though phones, chat, email, or social media would be unable to assist with the removal. We understand that changes can sometimes be challenging, but we believe this adjustment will ultimately create a more streamlined experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Translation:  We refuse to be bothered with this issue anymore.  

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

The absolute last thing eBay needs or wants is buyers getting negative reviews.  If you were a buyer and got a negative review, would you ever come back?

Negs are an inevitable speed bump for all sellers.  You got your item back, take a deep breath, and move on.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

No one likes to receive returns and refund for the purchase.

That does not mean that what you say about this transaction and what the buyer says need be untrue. Sometimes electronic devices are intermittent, and the shipment process triggers a change in behavior.

This also does not mean that unprofessional behavior will go unpunished. The punishment for your behavior is negative FB.

You cannot leave negative FB for buyers because Ebay's decision after years of sellers leaving retaliatory negative FB for buyers to ban negative FB. It is not like a seller could use negative FB received by a buyer to alter their responsibility for fulfilling an order.  Unlike seller FB which may be used to decide who to buy from, buyer FB serves no practical purpose.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Sometimes electronic devices are intermittent, and the shipment process triggers a change in behavior.

it was incompetence from a buyer, I explained he needed to plug in an LCD monitor, which he had, just refused to do because "he has spent a lot of time with these cameras"? idk. it seems like he decided to lie when he realized he didn't have the money for the camera. I turned it on within minutes of receiving it back. 

negative feedback is fine if justified. if I sold him a broken item and insulted his livelihood, sure, negative feedback galore. fact is, the camera works and we both exchanged some choice words over our messages. it's just frustrating that incompetent buyers win. thankfully there are plenty of other places to sell camera equipment. eBay takes far too much in fees anyways.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply