cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Seller Feedback extortion and return manipulation, Just a heads up.

Here is one for you,

This buyer/seller left feedback extortion on my page. I won an auction and paid, seller cancelled immediately, No message at all. I left honest feedback in regard to what happened. Negative feedback.

The seller then, immediately, bought my cheapest item. A coin. I called Ebay and was advised to fulfill the order despite my reservations. In response to my Negative feedback, the seller offered 200$ for me to change feed back.(as a reply on my feedback board! LOL!) Ebay has my back and removed the extortion and is watching the case very closely. I blocked the person. Today the buyer did start a return to retaliate for the feedback I left. (as expected)  I have 100% good feedback.

This seller is still active. They have threatened me, lied to me, been rude and very sarcastic, extorted feedback and manipulated the buying/returns system all to be petty, mean and vengeful. They have most likely destroyed the coin. I asked them to send it back for inspectionSmiley Happy We shall see how it all comes out in the wash. Y'all might benefit not buying or selling to this kind of person. Keep eBay informed when you experience this kind of behavior and they will report each violation, hopefully ending folks who abuse/ruin our community.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer Seller Feedback extortion and return manipulation, Just a heads up.

"I left honest feedback in regard to what happened. Negative feedback. The seller then, immediately, bought my cheapest item."

I didn't (need to) read the rest.

Moral of the story:

1. Do not buy and sell on the same account.

2. Block the seller on all your selling accounts before you do anything that might annoy them.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

"I left honest feedback in regard to what happened. Negative feedback. The seller then, immediately, bought my cheapest item."

I didn't (need to) read the rest.

Moral of the story:

1. Do not buy and sell on the same account.

2. Block the seller on all your selling accounts before you do anything that might annoy them.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You may want to consider using another id for purchases in order to avoid the situation you are in now.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

If you are going to use your seller and buyer ID as one.  I do on occasion, never, ever leave feedback for someone that sells stuff you sell., if that was the case.  That person could level a complaint with ebay and you would be in for long hours on the phone to ebay.  

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

That's a good point and looks like what happened with the op.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I'm having trouble following the OP a bit but this part seems clear "the seller offered 200$ for me to change feed back."

I would have JUMPED on that opportunity.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

What an awful experience. The seller was highly unprofessional. Sellers like this give eBay a bad name. However, if he cancelled your transaction without “buyer request” then he got a defect for it. Looks like this was not his first time cancelling a transaction either.

As a rule, never get into a back-and-forth trading barbs with another member. Such exchanges just escalate tensions and solve nothing. The less said, the better. Your long admonishment to the seller was a waste of your time and not advisable, especially your last message. It puts you into a bad light. All that was needed was to let them have enough rope to hang themselves with eBay. Which they did. Now they’re on eBay’s radar. The next violation could earn them a vacation. 

As others have said, it is better to have two separate ID’s, one for selling, one for buying and/or posting. Unfortunately, sadly, there are those who retaliate, like this one did. I’m very glad you reported their conduct and got their FB removed. That was the right call. Very sorry this happened to you.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for the kind thoughts, It is nice to be heard and understood. 🙂
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thank you. 🙂
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Right on , I usually do, thanks for reading my post 🙂
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks everyone! I feel in hindsight I should have not have engaged them at all. Always something new to learn on eBay:). I  also wil not bid from my seller page, Thanks again 🙂 ! Great help.:)

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

I'm having trouble following the OP a bit but this part seems clear "the seller offered 200$ for me to change feed back."

I would have JUMPED on that opportunity.

I guarantee you they would have demanded the feedback revision first, and then just not paid the money of course. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
latest reply