cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Requirements

I'm going to try to explain this issue again.   I tried in another discussion and I got advise, but no answers.

Below are my settings for my Buyer Requirements that is located in ACCOUNT--SITE PREFERENCES--Buyer Requirements.   You will see that the only block I have is on International buyers.

info1.jpg

Here is the results of these settings ( Buyer Requirement Activity Log):

log.jpg

Here are my questions:

1.  Why is Ebay Blocking People without a Paypal Account?  I don't have this checked off on my settings.

2.  Why is Ebay Blocking people with strikes?  I don't have that checked either.  

That is all I need to know.  I would hope others would check their logs also to see if they have buyers that have  been blocked.  

Thanks in advance,

Diane Watterson

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer Requirements

@watterson226 wrote:

@starroute-us wrote:

@watterson226

Check the listing numbers show on the list for the PP block, and then go into the actual listing to disable it by revising.

I see several item numbers repeated under the PP block.

Where is that in the listing??  Here is my listing:

info2.jpg

I don't see any place where you block/unblock paypal??

Thanks 

Diane

As you have previously posted, it is the FIRST thing under Buyer Requirements.  It stands to reason that if you are having issues with other UNchecked items in the Buyer Requirements being applied to some of your listings, this one is no different.

Now you aren't going to know if my earlier advice will fix things for you until it gets tested by a few buyers.  So now you just need to wait and see if it works or if there continues to be an issue.  Watch your Buyer Requirement Activity Log you can see in your original post under the Buyer Requirement section fo the Site Preferences.  You will be able to see there if you are continueing to have buyers blocked that you never wanted blocked.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Just read through your other post.

Did you at any point have the box checked for blocking accounts without Paypal?  If so, as mentioned in your other post, only new listings will be affected by the change.  If not, you may need to call ebay and get a more in depth view.  There would be no reason a buyer without a Paypal account would be blocked if you didn't have that checked.  The same would be true with the block for UPI strikes.  No reason it should happen unless you have the box checked.  Call Customer Service IMO.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@watterson226 wrote:

Below are my settings for my Buyer Requirements that is located in ACCOUNT--SITE PREFERENCES--Buyer Requirements. 

Those are the default values that are copied into new listing when you create them.

But each listing has its own set of buyer requirements.

Do you have any existing listings that may have been created prior to the last changes you made to your buyer requirements in your site preferences?

If you go in and revise one of those listings, what do the buyer requirements say?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I checked mine, it says 'there is no information to show at this time'.  I'm assuming that means they haven't blocked anyone recently?  It's been years since I checked that activity log, had forgotten about it!  I do know I've had 'activity' on it in the past though, for the unpaid item strikes.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Have you changed your site preferences at any time since you posted the listings that appear on the exceptions list?  Whatever your site preferences are at the time you post your listing will be the buyer requirements that follow that particular listing.  Or if you are relising or doing a sell similar on any of these listings, the buyer requirements at the time of the creation of that listing will follow it.

There is a box you can check in the site preferences to have it apply to ALL your current listings.  I suggest you check that box and hit apply.  It is at the very bottom of the screen shot you provided.  It says "Apply the above settings to active and future listings".

Make sure you check any templates you are using to create your listings as well.  Or how you have your account set up in any third party listing tool you might be using.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I don't have any concrete answers, I'll offer some speculation...

If you have Immediate Payment Required on anything, they may be blocking buyer accounts that don't have a linked PayPal account.  They may also be requiring Immediate Payment on Fixed Price listings, even if you have not selected Immediate Payment Required. 

If you are offereing GSP, they may be blocking buyer accounts in countries the GSP does not ship to.

Can't imagine how you'd get Too Many Unpaid Item Strikes, unless the listing was created at a time when you had that requirement checked off (as already suggested).

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Have you changed your site preferences at any time since you posted the listings that appear on the exceptions list?  Whatever your site preferences are at the time you post your listing will be the buyer requirements that follow that particular listing.  Or if you are relising or doing a sell similar on any of these listings, the buyer requirements at the time of the creation of that listing will follow it.

There is a box you can check in the site preferences to have it apply to ALL your current listings.  I suggest you check that box and hit apply.  It is at the very bottom of the screen shot you provided.  It says "Apply the above settings to active and future listings".

Make sure you check any templates you are using to create your listings as well.  Or how you have your account set up in any third party listing tool you might be using.

This has been helpful.  I see that box at the bottom.  I am going to check that.    The other thing I don't know is where are these settings in the listing??

Here is one of my listings, I don't see where Paypal is blocked.

info2.jpg

This is my listing.  Where does it block/unblock people w/o paypal?

BTW - I changed the settings in the summer because people were telling me that they couldn't pay with a credit card.

Thank you!!

Diane

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@watterson226

Check the listing numbers show on the list for the PP block, and then go into the actual listing to disable it by revising.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@starroute-us wrote:

@watterson226

info2.jpg

Thanks 

Diane

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@watterson226 wrote:

Below are my settings for my Buyer Requirements that is located in ACCOUNT--SITE PREFERENCES--Buyer Requirements. 

If you go in and revise one of those listings, what do the buyer requirements say?

How do you do this?   I can't find the Paypal Only settings on the individual listing.   Can you tell me what it is near on the revised listing?

Diane

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@watterson226 wrote:

@starroute-us wrote:

@watterson226

info2.jpg

Thanks 

Diane

Just thinking out loud here - UNCHECK all the credit card options. If your buyer is trying to pay with a credit card without using Paypal, and you do not have a merchant account registered, this could be blocking the buyer. Other than that, I have no idea.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@watterson226 wrote:

@starroute-us wrote:

@watterson226

info2.jpg

Thanks 

Diane

As you have previously posted, it is the FIRST thing under Buyer Requirements.  It stands to reason that if you are having issues with other UNchecked items in the Buyer Requirements being applied to some of your listings, this one is no different.

Now you aren't going to know if my earlier advice will fix things for you until it gets tested by a few buyers.  So now you just need to wait and see if it works or if there continues to be an issue.  Watch your Buyer Requirement Activity Log you can see in your original post under the Buyer Requirement section fo the Site Preferences.  You will be able to see there if you are continueing to have buyers blocked that you never wanted blocked.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@watterson226 wrote:

@starroute-us wrote:

@watterson226

info2.jpg

Thanks 

Diane

I am going to consider this the solution until I monitor my Buyer Requirement Activity Log.  

Thanks....

Diane

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Hi,

After talking with Ebay it has come out that that the buyer requirement about blocking someone without a paypal account is NOT what is seems. I have a paypal account. I am a seller on Ebay, I am a buyer on Ebay. And all this activity always uses my paypal account. Yet this new buyer requirement of blocking people without a Paypal Account is MISREPRESENTED. It blocks people with Paypal accounts unless their paypal account is FORMALLY LINKED TO EBAY. That means everyone out there with a paypal account will be BLOCKED if you use that ebay "buyer requirement", unless...unless their paypal account is LINKED to Ebay.

That is a huge problem. And Ebay's definition of that Buyer Requirement is completely misstated. It should say it will blocks buyers who have NOT linked their Paypal account to Ebay .. instead it says it will block buyers who do not have a paypal account. 

Hope this helps, and I hope enough people notify Ebay to correct this so it is CLEAR to the sellers exactly who they are blocking when they choose that option.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Learn the difference between "advise" and "advice" if you wish to be taken seriously.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply