cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Demands a partial Refund and Gives Me 24 Hours to Comply or else Negative

They just posted a negative feedback in the last 30 minutes.

Here's what happened.

hmm.. In the first email, they said thank you for careful packing, and in the one before last, they claimed several were broken and many were repaired, all they showed me was one picture where it was not clear if it was repaired, no mention of broken ones until the end. I ship many glass/China items and have not had any problems for years.

So sellers, please don't give in to any scammers demanding partial refunds. I checked their feedback left for others, and this one gives positive feedback to sellers who cave in and negative for any seller that stands up and doesn't comply.

Like most sellers, I will go out of my way to ensure the customer is happy with their purchase as long as there is a legit issue or they ask in a nice way, but for buyers like this one, I will not stand for their scams online, on the streets, or on Mars.

Message 1 of 160
latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Re: Buyer Demands a partial Refund and Gives Me 24 Hours to Comply or else Negative

@ten_o_nine

If you want the feedback removed, call eBay. Maybe more than once if necessary. The policy is clear. A partial refund is not covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 04.33.01.png

Good luck.

Message 31 of 160
latest reply

Re: Buyer Demands a partial Refund and Gives Me 24 Hours to Comply or else Negative

@ekmadonna wrote:

Don't forget to use the REPORT BUYER button!!

Past that block this way too. Have already met her sister.

Message 32 of 160
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Past that block this way too. Have already met her sister.

Message 33 of 160
latest reply

To me there is no question that the buyer used the feedback threat in an extortionistic way even though they smartly left out NEG. The partial bugs are getting more and more aggressive on here .

Message 34 of 160
latest reply

I've had similar experiences and proceded exactly as you have.

It's an easy removal, I've had over 40 negs removed from my account in these situation, never has eBay declined to remove them.

Here are my recommended steps from this point on:

1 - Do not reply to the feedback.

2 - Use the report a buyer link, provides bullet points of what you posted here, you don't need to quote the entire discussions but the times and dates are important and a single sentence summary.

3 - call eBay after 24 - 48 hours (in this case Monday), Use "feedback extortion" as the reason to obtain a PIN and telephone number. Refer the rep to the report a buyer so they can read the details and you don't need to go over it verbally.

4 - If you can detect a pattern based on the buyers feedback left for others that can be helpful to mention.

It's never taken more than a 5 minute call and it's been the same result with Philippine and US csr's.

Message 35 of 160
latest reply

Thank you. I plan to do that but really don't care if they don't, sales are slow anyway and this may help. I remember the last time I got a negative, my sales increased.

By the way, they left 3 negatives for sellers in their last 4 feedback comments.

Message 36 of 160
latest reply

I looked at the listing as well. One of the figurines has some yellow residue around the base.  It appears to look very different from the bases of the other ones. In fact it is so pronounced I cannot believe the buyer did not see it as well and still purchased. The problem here is that the buyer became very demanding at the get go. If the buyer had just said, look, one of the figurines is glued or something like that, the seller may have looked differently at this situations.  Now, we both may be wrong assuming that figurine is glued, Cant say it is glue, it is a yellowing on the base of one and only one figurine. Buyers please do not use threatening you better do this for me NOW or else requests. 

Message 37 of 160
latest reply

@genv wrote:

@ten_o_nine

I looked at your neg fb for the precious moments 

in the listing you state "excellent condition"

in the photos, I see at least 2 are glued

if it were me, I'd issue a partial

Ditto, I just looked too. While I do not in any way agree with the buyers approach in getting some compensation, fact is I can clearly see glued repairs in the photo's and would not consider the condition to be "Excellent" . Also an awful lot of dirt / staining. Dirt is really hard on PM's . You are talking lots of time with q-tips. Not sure why she just wouldn't return them. 

Message 38 of 160
latest reply

@genv wrote:

@ten_o_nine

I looked at your neg fb for the precious moments 

in the listing you state "excellent condition"

in the photos, I see at least 2 are glued

if it were me, I'd issue a partial

Hmm, pictures are missing now for me.

Message 39 of 160
latest reply

After the buyer sent the first email and picture, I would have told the buyer that I would refund  any that were not as I described, but the buyer needs to open an SNAD case in the resolution center so eBay can easily see everything that we do. 

I would have told the buyer, "Since you sent a picture of only one figurine, does that mean you want a refund for only that one?"

I don't believe eBay will remove the negative because the buyer did not threaten to leave bad feedback if you did not give a refund.

You may be able to get the buyer to change the negative to a positive if you give a satisfactory refund.

Message 40 of 160
latest reply

@phanoto wrote:

I don't believe eBay will remove the negative because the buyer did not threaten to leave bad feedback if you did not give a refund.

The buyer alluded to this by stating they would hold their feedback until after they received a partial refund.

Message 41 of 160
latest reply

I think that you should give better and more accurate descriptions if you don't want to deal with angry buyers.
Message 42 of 160
latest reply

This buyer incriminated himself/herself by saying "In past situations when I received some broken items they issued partial refund"    BINGO....sounds like this just might be done often by this buyer...and they picked the wrong seller to do it to this time.  Don't cave to this demanding twithead...Return for refund.....end of story.   Also if you sent a lot of six or eight items to this buyer, they must return ALL the items and ALL the packaging....they don't get to pick and choose what they send back.  

Message 43 of 160
latest reply

vw
Thrill-Seeker

In excellent condition - No boxes

Not even close!

The buyer got a good deal but you FAILED on your description. . .

The negative is totally justified and it should NOT be removed!

Message 44 of 160
latest reply

I don't know if anyone mentioned it already because I read the starter post first, BUT Buyers CANNOT Blackmail you with Negitive Feed back, thats a clear cut win for you, & secondly if they don't have all the items to send you back then thats their Fault! if the item or item's were defective then they had NO Business using or giving them away, you have this Won 110%. 🙂

sometimes NO Feedback is Better when Dealing with kooks.
Message 45 of 160
latest reply