cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business policies - just STOP it already!

I opt out...Ebay opts me back in. 

Ad infinitum.  Is there any way under the sun to completely opt out without them coming back?  Or do I just have to keep opting out when I want to make shipping changes??

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

godfather-the-godfather.gif

I hope I would never have to opt out

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Soon, if not already, there won't be any opting out. May as well go with the flow. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Is this regarding international shipping? I know a work around. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hey kyle@ebay. On the OP's other thread about being automatically opted in to biz policies you said (link) :

opted in will sometimes happen when other changes or updates are made to a program.  It's not necessarily a glitch, because it is working as designed, but "working as designed" may not always be the same as "working as intended."

So what kind of changes and updates could cause a seller to be auto-opted in? For the OP this has apparently happened 3x in the last 3 weeks. What's triggering it and/or how can she stay opted out?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

On a semi-related note, you should check your shipping preferences page to see if you've been enrolled in EIS (eBay International Shipping) @southern*sweet*tea because that's been going around, too. Most sellers are getting a message before it happens, but yesterday 2 sellers said they were not alerted before their accounts were enrolled.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey kyle@ebay. On the OP's other thread about being automatically opted in to biz policies you said (link) :

opted in will sometimes happen when other changes or updates are made to a program.  It's not necessarily a glitch, because it is working as designed, but "working as designed" may not always be the same as "working as intended."

So what kind of changes and updates could cause a seller to be auto-opted in? For the OP this has apparently happened 3x in the last 3 weeks. What's triggering it and/or how can she stay opted out?

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for bringing this up.  I can't imagine what might causing this to happen so frequently for OP.  What I was referring to is something you may see from time to time, but it shouldn't be over and over again.  @southern*sweet*tea if it happens again, I would definitely recommend reaching out to our Customer Service at your earliest convenience to start a report for this issue.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@tdrake wrote:

Soon, if not already, there won't be any opting out. May as well go with the flow. 

Oh gawd, I hope they don't drag us all into those. I haven't qualified so far so hopefully I'll continue to be the red-headed stepchild of the business policies policy policies.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@tdrake wrote:

Why do you say that? Kyle said in the OP's last thread that eBay has no plans to make biz policies mandatory. Have you read something from eBay that indicates otherwise?

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@tdrake wrote:

Oh gawd, I hope they don't drag us all into those. I haven't qualified so far so hopefully I'll continue to be the red-headed stepchild of the business policies policy policies.

I like the business policies, but only use two, returns and shipping.

If I decide to change anything, just update the policy and it takes care of all the listings.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

You mean they opt you back into ebay global shipping??  My UK sellers are shipping via royal mail.  I don't know how they do it.  It reminds me of Amazon always opting me into Prime membership.  The evil empire is growing.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

This happened to me tonight. I have close to 4000 listings of a wide variety which I manually adjust as needed. The policies only got in the way. eBay can expect to see a massive reduction in sales if they force this change on all their sellers. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply