cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidder with BAD feedback but rated 100%

I've had several bids on an item I am selling where the buyer shows 100% positive, but reading the feedback shows over 50% of the positive feedback had statements such as "Terrible buyer!!! Won the auction, but didn’t pay or respond. Beware!!!"

Do I cancel their bids, or ??

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Just found tons of similar reports, and see that there is apparently no such thing as negative feedback for buyers any more. Guess I have been away too long...
Will just monitor and manually delete such bids...
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I just wanted to comment. This is one of the worst things eBay introduced a few years ago. Some buyers are definitely abusing this. Even when you report a buyer, eBay does not send feedback whether the buyer is penalized or not. I allowed myself only once to report a buyer and the next day my selling limit was reduced !!! I have no idea if this had to do with my report or just a coincidence, but I never do it again.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Buyers can only receive positive feedback or no feedback at all.  If a buyer does not pay, you file an Unpaid Item Dispute to either get paid, or give the buyer a strike on his/her account and your FVF credited.

It is a policy violation to leave a positive feedback with negative words.  If the buyer reports it, the feedback can be removed and then the seller gets a policy violation recorded on his/her account.

You can file an Unpaid Item Dispute as early as 48 hours after the sale. The buyer will then have 96 hours to pay. Buyer pays, you ship. The buyer doesn't pay, you close the dispute. You get your FVF credited and the buyer gets a strike. Two strikes and most sellers will have their blocks in place so this buyer will have a hard time buying for 12 months.

My ebay > > Summary > Account > Resolution Center > Buyer has not paid

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the feedback. I've added the bidder policy to reject bids from anyone with 2 non-payment reports in the past 12 months.

Getting the fee refunded if I DO get caught with such a bidder is better than nothing, but it also means that all the other bidders on the item will have probably gone on to other similar items, so it amounts to at least a delay, if not a lost sale.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to share this. Very helpful.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

If a buyer doesnt pay and ignores my attempts to contact them.  I leave them negative feedback. I use all caps too so it stands out then I block them. It shows up as positive feedback, but it stands out on their feedback screen. The buyer doesnt like it either. Ebay seems to protect the deadbeats by not allowing sellers to leave bad feedback. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Having the block enacted won’t work if sellers would rather violate the rules and spank buyers. Those bad sellers are doing you no favors.

Sellers who break rules are an automatic back button for many buyers. They are left with a bigger proportion of bad buyers who will cause problems. They’re reaping what they sow.

Your other option is to sell fixed price with immediate payment required. Then you will never have another NPB.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

So hypocritical to expect other people to follow the rules and violate them yourself.

Sellers who behave this way are a big reason why eBay changed the feedback rules.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I would consider the price first in relation to their bad feedback before cancelling. Like someone posted, maybe they won't pay.

Also if they do pay, you may want to contact them outside of the forum if they start having issues.

They must gently, yet firmly, understand any ramifications you experience will be ramifications he/she will experience via a police report and mail fraud report if any $ is stolen against your will. This encourages them to heed to the legal contract agreement.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

How would a buyer refusing to pay lead to fraud? How could they steal the seller’s money?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@jeff-second-chance-silver wrote:

If a buyer doesnt pay and ignores my attempts to contact them.  I leave them negative feedback. I use all caps too so it stands out then I block them. It shows up as positive feedback, but it stands out on their feedback screen. The buyer doesnt like it either. Ebay seems to protect the deadbeats by not allowing sellers to leave bad feedback. 

What good does that do?

If you file the NPB, then neither one can leave feedback, and the blocks that can/should be set up would work so that they can't bid on your items - and any other seller who has the blocks set up.

You are not part of the solution.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply