cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Priority Medium Flat Rate shipping option

I usually sell and ship using USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box, but is no longer a shipping option. Does anyone have any insight why? Thank you. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

When you get to the new label page you have to choose carrier packaging (wording might be a little different than that). When you choose the carrier option, you will see the flat rate options. 

Hope this makes some kind of sense!

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

eBay uses a fix price of $14.35, but through USPS they charge me $12.80. Will I still get a slight discount from USPS?

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@lukeriovista wrote:

eBay uses a fix price of $14.35, but through USPS they charge me $12.80. Will I still get a slight discount from USPS?

At the post office?  No.  At the counter you pay full price.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Sorry should have made that more clear. I charge buyers $14.35 shipping for USPS Medium Flat Rate, on the USPS site when I pay for my label to print I get a discount to $12.80.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Its punishment for not using accurate measurements in your listings. For some reason they decided to limit the shipping choices based on the dimensions you enter for the listing. All of my jeans listing i have no padded flat rate option because i use sell similar and the dimensions that are entered for me automatically are too large for a padded flat rate.

So you just need to lower the dimensions and more options appear. Dimensions can be changed on the print label page.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Even if I list the package as “I don’t know the package details?”.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@remote_controls_and_more 

Hi, unless I am just crazy and reading these threads about the DIM pricing, I thought the Flat rate boxes do not involve inputting any measurements into your shipping calculations? And that 14.35 for a flat medium is the USPS rate, but I believe when I use ebay labels, it comes in at the 12.80? Unless you have in your shipping preferences to offer discounts to the buyer (I don't offer discounts)? Someone correct me if I am wrong, please...my head is spinning about this DIM thing so trying to gather as much correct information as possible. I have never had to insert measurements when using Flat Rates. I just use calculated shipping. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

You are right about the price, but the option for USPS Medium Flat Rate is no longer available when I try to relist a shoe for sale. But if I list any other thing for sale, the option is there. Any insight why that may be?

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@lukeriovista 

I have no clue. I don't use ebay listing tools but use an outside listing program. All I have to do before I list anything is use my program's drop down box for medium flat rate. If you are using ebay tools, I have no clue. Maybe someone else can come by here and explain. Maybe since you said re-list, could it be picking up the shipping you had for the original listing? No clue. Good Luck...

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Any insight why that may be?

It may be related to using "sell similar" or the "relist" feature.  Apparently, on eBay "old data" is carried over from the original.  Try making a new listing and see what shipping options are available. 

Even if you do  this,  ebay will not display all your options to a buyer anymore...they choose only to show "what eBay thinks is best"  to avoid the dreaded "buyer confusion". 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Yes I’m relisting items. I’ve tried creating a brand new listing from scratch putting the category in Men’s Shoes and still don’t have an option for Flat Rate Medium Box. However, if I put the category as something else then I have the option of Flat Rate Medium Box. I just want to make sure I didn’t violate any rules or being punished for it.
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Even after changing dimensions to something like 2x2x2 the medium flat rate option is not showing up? I just tried to sell similar on one of your shoes and the dimensions were 12x8x6. Medium flat rate was not an option because that's larger than the box. So after I lowered the dimensions I got that option.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I was having this problem earlier and it turned out that the dimensions had excluded many flat rate shipping options. I removed ALL of the dimensions, and the flat rate options showed. Never had this issue before, this is something new... like we need more headaches lol.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@remote_controls_and_more 

Hi, thanks for your helpful replies. I just looked at one of my pottery items where I have specifically stated in the shipping Medium Flat Rate Box Expedited. When I click on my item it actually says Medium Flat Rate box priority Mail. I looked at the OPs items and only see Priority Mail Expedited without the Medium flat rate comment like on mine?. Could they be just inserting what the flat rate is without selecting the actual name of the product, i.e. Med Flat Rate Box PM Expedited? Again, I do not use ebay tools, have my own program. And on standard PM boxes whether Flat or regular PM, I have never had to insert dimensions even before this change or after.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply