cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below Standard

The ebay mafia put me in " Below Standard " level, no only they charge me 6% more in my selling while I'm under this level but also my sales had dropped significant since this happened.

They put me on this Below Standard level because i have had canceled some sales i made due lack of stock in some items i have ( had ), the reason is i moved part of my inventory form a warehouse and some items got lost / stolen during the process.

Also my shipping time is at risk because they think i ship late some of the items, but this brainless people don't get that some times the buyer and i get to arrange different delivery times for different reasons, and ll my feedback is 100% positive and most of the comments say i shipped it fast.

My Below Standard level has been like this for the last 2 months and they will evaluate me again in 2 more days and i probably will remain the same because they evaluation is based on the numbers of sales made in the last month, but again i have sold almost nothing because I'm sure they hide my listing in some way.

For many, many years i have been on " Above Standard " level and they never gave an extra 6% or some incentive because of that, but now they steal 6% more of every sale i make.

They guys are always thinking in how to make more money out of the sellers, mostly by punishing them and ridiculous fees and charges.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Below Standard

There is no "eBay mafia".  You put yourself Below Standard by not following policies.  I don't think you're going to garner much sympathy here.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@bionicle1969 

You can view the consequences/punishments for being rated below standard here.  Scroll down to the WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ARE BELOW STANDARD section:  

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347&st=3&pos=1&query...

They lower your ranking in a Best Match search, and prevent you from promoting your items. Your decreased visibility tends to make it harder to escape the 6% punishment camp, and may ensure a longer stay. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Cancellations are the one of the quickest tickets to an increase in FVF's. 

Shipping defects have nothing to do with brainless people as they are all automated and can be seen on your seller dashboard. There are no excuses accepted other than a major weather event or some other anomaly and those are posted under Seller Announcements. 

Make sure to also keep an eye on Seller Metrics which you can also find under the Performance tab. They will hit you there as well with additional fees if you have at least 10 defects and reach the Very High category.

Good luck on future sales as you make your way out of below standard. 

Posting ID
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You might want to look at your seller dashboard to see why you are being rated at below standard.  I do not believe late shipping would do that.  It generally takes out of stock cancellations or unresolved by seller returns.  Do you have any of those?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Sorry that your metrics dropped but ebay has 18 million sellers and cannot make exceptions. You lost some inventory and other people have mentioned they went into the hospital. Ebay doesn't have the staff to review every reason that sellers cancel or delay their shipments which is why they use bots to monitor this. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the stock and ship on time.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I feel for you right now! I have been a member over 11+ years. Suffered through slowly building my account while trying to avoid being "blackmailed" by buyers who scammed the system by threatening your rating etc. (always some new buyer scam). Some things never change. I just closed my account even though I have tens of thousands of $$ invested in stock because I'm finished with eBay (My store was just renewed last month. SO, I AM ACTUALLY PAYING TO STOP SELLING ON eBAY AND IT IS WORTH IT!  To put it plainly, they do not care one iota about sellers at all. Below standard.... They do not care why even if you have been a long standing top rated seller. Instead of helping they make it extremly difficult by not alowing you to promote items. Also, put your items on at lower visability and charge you extra if they do sell. Just another way for eBay to make more $$$$$ off of the seller. Kick you instead of helping. Also, as you know ebay advertises 10,000 listings...But did you know after all that work putting items on that after a few months they don't not even have to show the listing?? Have you considered selling somewhere else? Better platforms are out there! I am sure you have rolled with the punches as a seller over the years. Yes it isn't fair!! Good luck in the future! I'm out! 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I feel for you right now! I have also been a member over 11+ years. Suffered through slowly building my account while trying to avoid being "blackmailed" by buyers who scammed the system by threatening your rating etc. (always some new buyer scam). Some things never change. I just closed my account even though I have tens of thousands of $$ invested in stock because I'm finished with eBay (My store was just renewed last month. SO, I AM ACTUALLY PAYING TO STOP SELLING ON eBAY AND IT IS WORTH IT!  To put it plainly, they do not care one iota about sellers at all. Below standard.... They do not care why even if you have been a long standing top rated seller. Instead of helping they make it extremly difficult by not alowing you to promote items. Also, put your items on at lower visability and charge you extra if they do sell. Just another way for eBay to make more $$$$$ off of the seller. Kick you instead of helping. Also, as you know ebay advertises 10,000 listings...But did you know after all that work putting items on that after a few months they don't not even have to show the listing?? Have you considered selling somewhere else? Better platforms are out there! I am sure you have rolled with the punches as a seller over the years. Yes it isn't fair!! Good luck in the future! I'm out! 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You’re speaking straight facts. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Anybody ever get an explanation as to why there is no "standard" designation?   One can be above standard, or below standard, but never just standard.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply