cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell thingy notification not working this morning

Anyone else experiencing problems with the notification bell. I was able to find out that overnight I have 2 sales and 2 messages, but the notification bell is dead and shows nothing. 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Bell thingy notification not working this morning

"So What?"

Then why do they have it?
Here's the deal:
It's a "TOOL" that eBay established to communicate to their sellers/users various "notifications". Including the important FACT that they've made a sale.
Many sellers rely on it.
But I do "admire" you ability to workaround eBay's broken tools. Very commendable.

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

It is still not working for me.  Third day in a row.  

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

Notification bells are very intricate and have a lot of moving parts.

They break down often and require lots of maintenance.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 18 of 44
latest reply

doesn't work on my 3 stores. 

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

@joliztoyco wrote:

"So What?"

Here's the deal:
It's a "TOOL" that eBay established to communicate to their sellers/users various "notifications". Including the important FACT that they've made a sale.
Many sellers rely on it.
But I do "admire" you ability to workaround eBay's broken tools. Very commendable.

It's a glitch for cryin' out loud.

Glitches happen no matter what platform you're on.

Mine is also currently not working.  It has been broke before. It has been fixed before.

People tend to complain when something is broken and not think about the all the time it has been working properly prior to this.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 20 of 44
latest reply

@joliztoyco wrote:

"So What?"

Here's the deal:
Many sellers rely on it.

I understand why the bell is a nice little shortcut, but it's never been really reliable. I've had it stuck on notifications which have been resolved for days, so when I see the number and check the bell, it's old stuff. I've sold items and not had them show up in the bell.  It's like depending on emails to track one's sales - that's not reliable, either. It's why I stick to the seller hub.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 44
latest reply

It's working again!

eyes.png

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 22 of 44
latest reply

I have notice it too.  Hasn't been working for a couple of days. You'd think they would read the posts and fix it.

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

Still not working for me.   Maybe tomorrow.  

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

Same here! For last coples of days , it just shows blank

One workaround I found is letting a tab open and it eventually pop and shows... but stills feels clunky

If you move mouse or do other stuff , put mouse back and boom blank again

This is very annoying, Also , majority of my item are like 0 view 0 watcher since august 1 but this is weird cuz I sell and there is activities 

What the heck is going on ebay? 

Message 25 of 44
latest reply

The BIG question is ......Can people still search and shop?

Message 26 of 44
latest reply

Monday, Sept 25, 2023 ....8 a.m. Pacific time. 

Bell notification STILL not working properly. If a red dot does not appear when an item sells the other ways of seeing new sales are a pain to use. The purpose of the "notification" bell is just that to notify you, allow you to click on it, and see (not a blank space as presently happens) but either "items sold" or "messages received" NOTIFICATIONS. 

Sure eBay has its share of glitches (or more than its share) but this one is a true pain. Waiting for fix to happen like lots of others here (some of whom won't bother to chime in).  You can bet this problem is affecting a LOT of people. 

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

At the time of this listing....a.m. pacific time, Monday, Sept 25, 2023........ 444 people had read this thread and 26 people had actually posted. 

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

It is still not working.  ☹️

Message 29 of 44
latest reply

Still not working. Is ebay even aware of this issue? It's super annoying

Message 30 of 44
latest reply