cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Because of a "Suspicious Buyer" Ebay Cancelled my Listings

A "Suspicious Buyer" placed bids on 4 pairs of shoes in my eBay store.  The buyer won the items, but didn't pay.  Then eBay sent me a message saying "We had to cancel bids for the buyer, xxxx, because they aren't registered on eBay".  They also claimed they would make it "easy" to relist the items.  Not so.  The items are apparently deleted from eBay.  Customer service could not retrieve them and claimed they would refer the matter to technical support, but I have not heard back (not a huge surprise - Tech support is where my questions go to die).  I'm pretty annoyed, because it takes me between 40 minutes to an hour to create 4 detailed listings for clothing on eBay.  The items had multiple bids, so I've already lost sales.  At the very least I'd like to relist the items during the Christmas rush, but eBay made that impossible too.  Ebay's mistakes cost me huge amounts of time, but they are NEVER willing to refund me for my wasted time or for lost sales.  The lost listings had multiple bids.  If eBay had given me a way to cancel the suspicious buyer's bids before the auction ended, I would have had sales.  Instead, eBay waited until the auctions were complete and then punished me by deleting the listings.   So, now I'm looking at more work and no $$.  I'm really getting fed up with Ebay's platform.  They just outsource all of their bugs and mistakes to sellers.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, Did you look at your 2nd chance offers. Maybe they are there.     

3times.PNG

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @blissstreetfashion - typically items ended because of that kind of situation would be in your 'Unsold' folder. However, there are times when that doesn't happen, and usually a contact to CS is necessary to review what options are available. 

I've referred this to the proper team and I'd encourage you to give it about an hour and then refresh and review your Unsold folder. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Tried that.  No.  eBay removed the listings completely.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.  How come I have to post in a forum to get tech support?  Why can’t Customer Service actually help me?  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @blissstreetfashion - typically items ended because of that kind of situation would be in your 'Unsold' folder. However, there are times when that doesn't happen, and usually a contact to CS is necessary to review what options are available. 

I've referred this to the proper team and I'd encourage you to give it about an hour and then refresh and review your Unsold folder. Thanks!

As far as I can remember if a buyer has been removed from the site the listing goes with them.  It has been an irritating problem since it is a hassle to redo the listing from scratch.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply