cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad

People who posted did not help at all and didn't read correctly.  

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Bad

tracking says

Your item was refused by the addressee at 4:48 pm on April 24, 2024 in BILLINGS, MT 59105 and is being returned to the sender.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Bad

If the package was "refused" and returned to the seller,

the seller has no obligation to refund the buyer, correct?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Bad

Actually refused twice...1st time was on April 22. Very surprised that they got a second chance to receive package. 

@inhawaii yes you are correct. Although most sellers would probably refund buyer  (minus any shipping paid), they are under no obligation to do so.

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Bad

Just posting to the end of the discussion in general....

Did the BUYER OP actually refuse the package, or was it the proverbial the gas station in his/her zipcode that did that?  @trexjojo5321  needs to take a trip to their post office with the tracking information to see if the parcel was even intended for them in the first place.  

Just sayin'

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Bad

I called 1-800 number to the post office also went in person to my post office. Was told that the seller put a claim in for the package to be returned back to them. Package was never refused I have camera footage of all usps deliveries.  

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Bad

Was not refused at all have camera footage of all deliveries of the post office. 

The post office verify that seller Mr. Scott had put claim in

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Bad

Was not refused at all have camera footage of all deliveries of the post office for the days of deliveries. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Bad

Was not refused at all have camera footage of all deliveries of the post office for the days of deliveries. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Bad

@trexjojo5321 wrote:

I called 1-800 number to the post office also went in person to my post office. Was told that the seller put a claim in for the package to be returned back to them. 

If the seller filed a request like that, you would see "package intercepted" on tracking. Instead you're seeing package was refused by the addressee. I will echo @ittybitnot 's above advice and suggest you go to your post office with a copy of the order, show them the tracking number and your address. Ask them if the address on the package matches your address. If it does not match your address, they don't need to tell you what the address is, but ask them to provide a letter on USPS letterhead saying the package was not addressed to your info as shown on the eBay order.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Bad

@trexjojo5321 

The USPS Package Intercept costs the Sender around $ 17 to file.  I assume this was a higher priced item correct?  If so the Seller may do this kind of thing on a regular basis ... being will to give up $ 17 in an effort to keep the rest of the money on a transaction.  

Just thinking out loud of course.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Bad

Was not refused at all have camera footage of all deliveries of the post office for the days of deliveries.  They never rang the door bell or ask for signature.  Each day they came to my door with packages. Was present for deliveries on every day 

The post office verify that seller Mr. Scott had put claim in.  

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Bad

Was not refused at all have camera footage of all deliveries of the post office for the days of deliveries and was also present when the postal person came to my door.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Bad

How do you have camera footage from the post office? I find that hard to believe a Federal entity like the post office would give that information without a court order.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Bad

I know what tracking says but that not what happened 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply