cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER THAT LEAVES NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WITHOUT EVER CONTACTING ME THIS HAS TO END

So, a buyerpurhases and item and has it for a few weeks, never contacts me at all, then leaves negative feedback stating "DOES NOT WORK WELL".  Now, I understand as a seller as you sellers can agree, sometimes things don't work like we want.  As a seller we offer 30 day Return Policy.  This item is NOT damaged, NOT shipped incorrectly or late, BUT buyer has it notes to himself that it doesnt' work well and instead of contacting me to let me know he Blasts me with negative feedback!! NEVER contacts me at all.  Why do we offer a 30 return policy if the buyer doesn't even give you a chance?  And Ebay? What does Ebay do?  Ebay reduces your seller rating Immediately!!!  And please also note, This particular seller has left frequent negative or neutral feedback for sellers (because I decided to check it out after the fact) So this buyer is abusing sellers! Obviously not giving sellers a chance to return for a refund.  Because of this, many sellers suffer needlessly.  Anyone?  Who has had this happen to them? And who agrees that in this situation that we SHOULD be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer in this situations AND that Ebay should fix it??? HELP fellow sellers!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Welcome aboard the Abused Seller bus - this happened to me recently. I pleaded needlessly to ebay and was abruptly told too bad. The buyer has the right to "express" their displeasure with their purchase. I would have refunded the buyer her money in a heart beat - she made no attempt to contact me whatsoever.  She never sent any kiind of correspondence whatsoever.  And despite the fact that my description was 100% accurate and the pictures disclosed the rainbow patina - I lost. The negative remains so despite a perfect record since 2002 that big fat red stain remains. I feel your pain.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

eBay claims that neg FB no longer hurts accounts as they are seen as the buyers opinion only. I'm not talking about seller reputation. Just eBay defects. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

There is nothing that says a buyer has to contact you before leaving feedback.

A courteous buyer would, but not all buyers are courteous.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Ditto Dazzle! Buyer just did the same to me...when I looked at her feedback left....she has done the same to the last 3/4 buyers! Most unfortunate to say the least!
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@karen9nick wrote:

So, a buyerpurhases and item and has it for a few weeks, never contacts me at all, then leaves negative feedback stating "DOES NOT WORK WELL".  Now, I understand as a seller as you sellers can agree, sometimes things don't work like we want.  As a seller we offer 30 day Return Policy.  This item is NOT damaged, NOT shipped incorrectly or late, BUT buyer has it notes to himself that it doesnt' work well and instead of contacting me to let me know he Blasts me with negative feedback!! NEVER contacts me at all.  Why do we offer a 30 return policy if the buyer doesn't even give you a chance?  And Ebay? What does Ebay do?  Ebay reduces your seller rating Immediately!!!  And please also note, This particular seller has left frequent negative or neutral feedback for sellers (because I decided to check it out after the fact) So this buyer is abusing sellers! Obviously not giving sellers a chance to return for a refund.  Because of this, many sellers suffer needlessly.  Anyone?  Who has had this happen to them? And who agrees that in this situation that we SHOULD be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer in this situations AND that Ebay should fix it??? HELP fellow sellers!

eBay says they do not reduce your seller rating over negative feedback.

No I don't agree that sellers should be able to rate their buyers. eBay tried that years ago and in my opinion it was a disaster.

Leave a factual follow up to the feedback, like- never contacted me- we offer return policy if unhappy- and then move on.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Although I would love it if buyers did indeed contact a seller before leaving feedback if there was a problem - that's not the way it works. A negative does not stop me from buying from that seller - but if they've left follow-up feedback - that can influence me as I see how they handled the situation.

A simple - "Never contacted about problem - we have a 30 day return policy" is much more professional. Buyers realize that there are some buyers that can be a PITA - but if a seller's follow-up comment is mean, rude or attacks that buyer - I shy away as I wonder if they will be helpful if I contact them with a problem.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

So, a buyerpurhases and item and has it for a few weeks, never contacts me at all, then leaves negative feedback stating "DOES NOT WORK WELL".  Now, I understand as a seller as you sellers can agree, sometimes things don't work like we want.  As a seller we offer 30 day Return Policy.  

The neg can be revised later, if you can make peace with your buyer.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Yes, why not offer to fix the problem then have the buyer follow up with a good comment. I suspect it will be too late for a revision since I think they're only good for 30 days.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I suspect it will be too late for a revision since I think they're only good for 30 days.

The 30 days starts when the neg is posted.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

Yes, why not offer to fix the problem then have the buyer follow up with a good comment. I suspect it will be too late for a revision since I think they're only good for 30 days.

You can't make peace with a buyer who refuses to respond and it sounds like person is not going to.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

If this person is what you believe a serial neg giver, contact ebay and put her on their radar.

I have read where these types of buyers are dealt with if they have become a nuisance.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@karen9nick wrote:

While I feel your pain, replying in caps in that tone looks unprofessional, unfortunately.

There *used* to be a policy that stated product reviews weren't supposed to be used as feedback, and since this is a new item, the comment sure looks like a review of the product  rather than a review of the transaction  to me. Of course, that policy seems to have been buried in circular nonsense or tossed altogether now, but it might be an argument worth making if you can get an English speaking rep who seems willing to listen.

If you get these sorts of feedbacks in the future, I'd answer with something more neutral like " while other product reviews don't seem to reflect this, we're here to help". You want to seem APPROACHABLE and magnaninous in your responses, not shrill. This subtly alerts anyone else reading the FB that it was NOT about how you handled the transaction... but about the new product they recieved. It puts distance between you and the problem while showing you're there for your buyer after the sale.

Sorry this happened to you and you are upset. Hope this advice helps in the future.

Every problem is an opportunity. Some of my best and longest repeat- buying customers started off as nitpicky whiners. 

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

My reply would have been to ask if they hooked it up to their hose or if they expected the water to come with it ......  Smiley Frustrated

@d-k_treasures wrote:

My reply would have been to ask if they hooked it up to their hose or if they expected the water to come with it ......  Smiley Frustrated

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 15 of 18
latest reply