cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auction vs buy now

I’m selling my old gaming pc and eBay refuses to let me sell it out right. I refuse to auction a pc I spent over a grand on for only $600. Can anyone help me figure out why it automatically enables auction everytime I try to sell it.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Auction vs buy now

Are you trying to list it from the account you've used to post here (thekingo-12)?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You may have $ limits on your account. If the price you are looking to get is over that limit, then yes, eBay would not let you list it. 

With no sales in the past 90 days, you would be subject of up to 30 days hold on payouts for new or returning sellers. eBay is not the place for making quick cash. 

Are you signed up for Managed Pay with everything being current? 

With the feedback score that is showing, you might want to do some repair work to your account and build up some lower cost sales before even thinking about selling this item. 

The link below should take you to the page that will show your selling limits;

Selling limits | eBay

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Sorta depends on the PC n what you're going to get anywhere.  PC's in the $1000-$1800 range brand new, as like you literally just bought it a month ago take $300 off at a minimum.  These machines go on sale usually at $200-$300 off regularly. Higher end are similar. If it's near a year old, 50% of what was paid tends be the zone for example I bought on FB marketplace a $2800 last generation PC (iBUYPOWER i9-12900KF, 32GB, 4TB & 2 TB SSD's RTX 3080 Gaming Desktop complete w/ a nice 144 MHZ monitor) for $1400 and it's like new.

eBay won't let you list it here due to you negative rating.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Take the advice of what others have posted. In addition, you have to realize that while you spent "over a grand" on it when you bought it, that is a depreciable asset. Depending on how long ago you bought it, you may not even get $600 for it as computers drop in value very fast.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@retro_entertainment_collectibles wrote:

@retro_entertainment_collectibles 

Can you provide a link to that policy so I can bookmark it for future discussions? Thanks!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@retro_entertainment_collectibles wrote:

@retro_entertainment_collectibles 

Can you provide a link to that policy so I can bookmark it for future discussions? Thanks!

@retro_entertainment_collectibles ?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

If its over a year you will be lucky to get 600$ and after ebay fees  a lot less.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Others have already provided the reasons. The only thing I will add with regards to selling electronic items is they are high on the scammers target list old or not. Remember the #1 rule as a seller on eBay. NEVER list anything you are not prepared to take a loss on. There are multiple risks with an item like this including damage during shipping. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@thekingo-12 I spent 3x's as much as you on my gaming PC and I wouldn't expect to get even half that back after owning it a year. I would never pay $600 for a used PC no matter how long or short you had it.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

As a new user with feedback "issues" I would not even try to sell anything for that amount at this time.

Nor is a used PC going to sell for very much.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread has been closed at the request of the OP.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply