cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auction ended - buyer has not paid - 4 days to pay?

An auction I ran ended 3 days ago. Still no payment. I even sent them an email on 1.16 letting them know that I could get the item dropped off for shipping that day if he paid by the end of the afternoon. 

I read something about how the buyer has 4 days to pay before the the seller could move on.

Do I need to make any further attempts to contact the buyer or can I go ahead and close the deal and relist the item if he has still not paid after 96 hours?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Auction ended - buyer has not paid - 4 days to pay?

If the buyer has not paid within 4 full days, you can cancel the transaction based on "Buyer hasn't paid."  Here is the Help page about what to do if a buyer doesn't pay:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

At 96 hours, yeah, you can cancel for "Buyer has not paid" and they'll receive a strike.  Don't bother contacting the buyer, eBay sends them payment reminders, and don't send any invoices as that will reset the clock for canceling.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Do NOT contact the buyer.

EBay has invoiced them and will send another.

If you invoice, you will reset the payment time to another 96 hours out.

Auctions make up less than 15% of transactions, but most unpaids are auctions.

If you want prompt payment use Fixed Price/Immediate Payment Required.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You can file for a Cancellation using the reason the payment did not arrive 96 hours after the purchase.

Keep in mind that if you send the buyer an invoice, it restarts that 96 hour clock.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 5
latest reply