Did you mean: 

Ask Seller a Question Link is Gone .... Just Started Today

What's up with that ?

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Ask Seller a Question Link is Gone .... Just Started Today

@1972jamwa wrote:

What "Box " I can't find it anywhere now, It was to the right of listing toward top for a while. Now it's completely gone.

This one:

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 76 of 89
latest reply

I'm STILL not seing it,
NO contact Seller
No ask seller a question

I tried a text search,no luck there

Does anyone have an actual screenshot of the new button place (and is it a button or a link,sometimes buttons are not text searchable)

Message 77 of 89
latest reply

It's a link in a "Seller information" box in the upper-right corner of the listing.  See screen shots in posts #13, 36, and 42, as well as the post immediately before your own.

Some gadgets and browsers don't show that seller information box. Click on the seller's feedback number. This takes you to their feedback page which has a "Contact member" link at the top of the list of links on the right side of the page.

Message 78 of 89
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Some gadgets and browsers don't show that seller information box. 

That's the key, right there. It's a web page coding error in which they apparently did not code a location for the Ask Seller a Question link for certain browser configurations. 

For example, just this past week, I was viewing eBay on this old XP box using Chrome v49.0.2623.112 m (about the latest version you can get for this OS), and noticed that the listing I was viewing had no ASQ link anywhere.

Suspecting that I knew the problem already, I got up, marched over to a Windows 10 laptop in the next room, brought up the same listing using what is certainly a newer version of Chrome, and there was the ASQ link, right where I expected to find it (at the upper left, near the Seller ID). It's an eBay web page coding issue, nothing else.

Message 79 of 89
latest reply

Disappeared as an option for me about the same time as your original post. Many sellers get extremely testy if you contact them another way. eBay hasn't answered my questions, and a few sellers have told me that I'm the only one who seems to have a problem.

Message 80 of 89
latest reply

And yes, there is a contact seller option available, but I have to click on the sellers name, then click on 'contact', but to ask a question about an item, there needs to be an item number entered. Most listings don't have one. If I ask by clicking on the 'not related to an item' option, sellers aren't very nice about it. One even refused to answer my question because I wouldn't ask the 'right' way (clicking on the button that is no longer visible to me).

Message 81 of 89
latest reply

Most of the sellers that I've gone through this channel with don't have the item option listed, there's only a way to enter an item number (which I haven't been able to find on any listing), or to ask a question 'not pertaining to an item'.

That to me means that the sellers have it set up so that people can't ask questions, or they don't know that it's set up that way and don't know how to fix it.

Message 82 of 89
latest reply

@squeaker123 wrote:

Most of the sellers that I've gone through this channel with don't have the item option listed, there's only a way to enter an item number (which I haven't been able to find on any listing)

It's in very small type in the upper right corner of the Description tab of the listing. Scroll down to where your item desription text starts, and you should see it. For example, in your listing for the Keep Collective Single Leather Band, there's a very small line reading "eBay item number:  222777529085" to the upper right of your Item Specifics and description area. 

The listing number of 222777529085 can also be found in your browser's address line when viewing that page. There's usually (though not always) an item address identifier of "/itm=" or similar preceding it as well.

Message 83 of 89
latest reply

ASQ used to pick up the item # from the listing......just another of eBay's vast number of non improvements

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 84 of 89
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
ASQ used to pick up the item # from the listing......just another of eBay's vast number of non improvements

Well... I just tried the Contact Seller link on your most recent listing, and it did indeed pop up the ASQ form with your item shown, so it appears that they haven't broken that detail...

yet, anyway...

for Windows 10 running the Chrome browser...

on a Friday... Smiley Happy

Message 85 of 89
latest reply

Yes you are right...idiots...

I buy a lot in eBay...and sometimes i receive with the item letter from the seller...

if you go to my web site and buy the item from there i'll give you discount....

so f...k you eBay you can't stop people.

Message 86 of 89
latest reply

Ask question is not the same as Contact the seller....

when you use ask question link sellercan answer you with the offer....but now seller can't give you offer any more.

Message 87 of 89
latest reply

Here is the listing I was looking at. If anyone can take a screen shot if they see something different, please do.
------------------------------------------------

Sorry, no results were found for your search query.
Please try another search that's less specific. (Or alternatively, have a quick laugh over at eBay...)

Tried to see the listing -my watch com source states it does not exist.
Message 88 of 89
latest reply

n2knowledge wrote: ... Tried to see the listing -my watch com source states it does not exist.

Because she posted it last October.

Message 89 of 89
latest reply