Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask Seller a Question Link is Gone .... Just Started Today

What's up with that ?

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Ask Seller a Question Link is Gone .... Just Started Today

I may be in the minority but I actually like the 'contact seller' button where it is now.  It draws people's eyes and attention to my store link and 'see other items' link.  But for long time eBay users who are used to the 'contact seller' button where it has been in the past it may be a problem for them to find it now unless they scan the entire listing from side-to-side, top to bottom.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 16 of 89
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

It was changed yesterday afternoon around 2 pm CST,but most folks didn't notice...

Last time I used it was Sunday night, so I guess if you are not someone who needed to ask a question after yesterday, then you probably would not notice.

And I just saw the heart as well where you can save a seller.  First time I noticed that as well.

I saw the heart about a week or so ago and found that very helpful!  If I remember correctly, I was able to select "private" right at the time I clicked the heart to save the seller to my fav list.  As for the contact seller button ... I used it earlier today and didn't see anything different.  

Message 17 of 89
latest reply

@flipper2flipper wrote:

OK, now I see it  ... Thank You.

The only problem now is ..... in order for the Seller Information Box to be shown on the page, I have to adjust my view settings to 75% Zoom Out.

At my normal 100% view settings, the Seller Information Box does NOT show on any pages.

I hope that everybody else does not have this problem.

Once again, Ebay "improves" something that was working perfectly fine the way that it was .... and now, the "improvement"  has created 

issues.

Reminds me of my AOL.  They have constantly been improving (NOT) their software.  I was just forced to download their new and improved (yeah, riiiight) AOL  Desktop Gold and it is NOT working AT ALL!!!!!!!   They said I have too many folders/emails.  

Message 18 of 89
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

I may be in the minority but I actually like the 'contact seller' button where it is now.  It draws people's eyes and attention to my store link and 'see other items' link.  But for long time eBay users who are used to the 'contact seller' button where it has been in the past it may be a problem for them to find it now unless they scan the entire listing from side-to-side, top to bottom.

Wow.  I had to go look and didn't realize the new place for the Contact Seller button!  I found it at the regular location earlier.  

Message 19 of 89
latest reply

I just changed my browser from Explorer to Firefox.

I am using a desktop PC.

With Explorer, I had to ZOOM OUT to 75% for the Seller Information Box to appear.

With Firefox, no matter how much I ZOOM OUT, the Seller Information Box is NOT there ..... and the Ask Seller a Question is not at the bottom of the page either.

Message 20 of 89
latest reply

Same here....and in my condition and description boxes, I specifically ask the buyer to "ask any and all questions before bid, buy, purchase. Zoom in or Zoom out IT IS NOT THERE,
Message 21 of 89
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Not gone over to the right in the box and says contact seller...

Yes, I see ebay is redecorating again.

By putting it back to where it was originally!

DK could you call ebay CS and see if it might be a new feature that hasn't been announced yet? Be a dandy way to cut out off site sales.....

Message 23 of 89
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

flipper ebay has a very bad group of folks who don't understand subliminal selling technics they mostly have toss anything against the wall and see if its sticks folks and it is amusing to watch...

Most people, when throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks, usually don't pick something that slides through their fingers before they get to throw it .........

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

DK could you call ebay CS and see if it might be a new feature that hasn't been announced yet? Be a dandy way to cut out off site sales.....

Trying to punish me for something?

@klassic*kids wrote:

Agreed, I like having it right up at the top of the listing instead of having to scroll all the way down.  It's much more intuitive and easy to find.

Message 26 of 89
latest reply

The link is moved and showing at the top right under the ebay user id of the seller.

It may be that you are on your phone.  

A work around would be to click on the user id, which takes you to the profile, before the feedback page.  On the top is items for sale and contact the seller.

Click on the contact the seller option.

Message 27 of 89
latest reply

I like the move too. As a matter of fact, I think I've mentioned it in the past.

Back in the good old days, the Ask Seller a Question button used to be with the seller information. Prominent and easy to find, especially for new or occasional shoppers.

Anybody know if this is a permanent thing? Yeah, I know, I know....LOL!

I hope so, but not looking forward to revising all my listings to fix template wording....again....sigh.
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 28 of 89
latest reply

SAME HERE!!! Can not find CONTACT SELLER or ASK QUESTION anywhere!!!

Message 29 of 89
latest reply

@flipper2flipper wrote:

At my normal 100% view settings, the Seller Information Box does NOT show on any pages.

Once again, Ebay "improves" something that was working perfectly fine the way that it was .... and now, the "improvement"  has created issues.

There have been numerous posts on this board over the past couple years complaining that the "ask a question" link was hard to find when it was at the bottom of the screen - and should be moved to the top.  So I guess they cannot please everyone. 

As for the zoom issue - doesn't that depend largely on the device you are using? It shows up just fine on my computer. 

Message 30 of 89
latest reply