cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are EBAY managers trying out for government jobs?

I really have to question if Ebay employees are training to be employed by the government or if Ebay is where ex government employees go to work?? It has to be one or the other because their stupid rules, regulations and decisions are one in the same....

Let's think about this GTC for just a minute..... It will NOT bring them any new sellers..... the ones using it and like it will be fine with this.....however EBAY WILL lose sellers and thousands (maybe millions) of listing each month (which some sell) over this..... I just do not get what the upside to this is?? Is it really to trick people in to paying fees?? That seems petty for sure and would be a terrible business platform considering the thousands of potential sales they will lose. 30 day listings make NO SENSE for many sellers!! Quit trying to be AMZN!!!

I hear about this Google search stuff and admittedly I am not "techie" and don't get it.....but what good is it if you lose sellers and listings?? You can search other platforms all you want but if there is nothing to sell then guess what......nothing comes up in a search....!!

Seriously......it seems like the EBAY "thinkers" are just there and doing really stupid stuff just to justify their jobs.....just like government employees. Maybe they just need to thin the herd there and put the changes in  the trash can and encourage more sellers to come to Ebay with more options instead of less...... Let US customize how our pages look and what info/options we want on them. Let the seller decide how to sell and stay out of it.

If anybody at EBAY management is listening I am available for consulting work.....

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Are EBAY managers trying out for government jobs?

... in all seriousness, the google matter isn't within the realm of eBay control nor mgt ... that's google ...

... I used to have excellent exposure at one time, and was able to get any of my own individual store categories within a high google rank merely with the search engine keywords available as tools ... change in google algorithm did away with this, to the best of my belief.

... I have my grievances as well with several aspects, seller hub as an example yet all in all the format is far more cost effective for me than an individual website with cart ... that opinion might not apply to everyone, yet an individual website can be costly both with coin and time involved with management and upkeep ...

... not doing an eBay goose-step, yet even when sales are slow it still works for me ... and again, this opinion may not apply to everyone.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It will NOT bring them any new sellers

eBay has an enormous EXCESS of sellers in most categories. They could lose a million give or take and it would have zero impact on GMV.

Bonus is that it would be better for the sellers who remain.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You are actually entirely wrong.

Ebays unique supply is, and has been dwindling for years.  50,000 chinese junk listings are not the same as 50,000 unique vibrant listings. 

Furthermore, Ebay is not near the powerhouse it was years ago. The GMV is stagnant compared to other marketplaces.

Ebay is trending in the wrong direction, Its a struggling marketplace by all accounts. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Message 5 of 5
latest reply