cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone looking forward to sales on the Labor Day weekend?

It's been an AWFUL week for sales.  I'm thinking the long weekend will just be WORSE & a lousy end to a terrible August.   Don't think I'm being positive?  I'm positive it will be negative.  lol  Looking forward to the end of summer & a drastic improvement on sales??  Also, waiting for the NFL and NHL to get underway.  Maybe sell some sports stuff.  Not giving up - this is my income!!!  As sad as that is.   😛     Good luck to us all.    🙂

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

As you know things usually pick up for all retailers everywhere at or after the holiday weekend. They then progress up to Christmas and beyond. Best wishes for everyone here. 

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

With the exception of ONE day this week, sales have been dismal.  I don't know what we are doing wrong.  I have sent out like over 80 offers to watchers in the last three days or so.  People watch and don't buy.  Not sure what to do with those listings.  I have dropped prices, put some on a 15% off sale and still not much action.  Wondering if this GTC stuff is hurting us?  I usually end items daily that do not have watchers and sell similar.  Wondering if I should just be ending EVERYTHING that is going to end in the next 24 hours even if it has many watchers???  Need thoughts here....please!  

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

What sales! I'm joining you in expectations of zero, so that maybe I might be surprised. Who knows, maybe I'll get a return! I've had 3 sales this month (having to cancel over 50 listings because of ebay changes not allowing used items in fragrances hasn't helped). Three. That is less than the first month I started selling in 2018. That is 30% of August 2018. I terminated my store for the time being. There are other things in my life at the moment demanding my attention and they shall get it. 

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

It's been an AWFUL week for sales.  I'm thinking the long weekend will just be WORSE & a lousy end to a terrible August.   Don't think I'm being positive?  I'm positive it will be negative.  lol  Looking forward to the end of summer & a drastic improvement on sales??  Also, waiting for the NFL and NHL to get underway.  Maybe sell some sports stuff.  Not giving up - this is my income!!!  As sad as that is.   😛     Good luck to us all.    🙂

Think long term, don't worry about week to week sales, think how your business should be like in 5 years and work towards that, in a positive way.

One thing to keep in mind is to diversify your products, don't rely on NFL & NHL alone as they are seasonal and only sports fans will buy.

Stock up for the upcoming holidays and spring season.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

One thing to keep in mind is to diversify your products, don't rely on NFL & NHL alone as they are seasonal and only sports fans will buy.

And adding to that, younger sports fans aren't typically interested in stuff from years ago.  They're interested in the players they're watching on their teams right now.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

The watchers that accumulate over a LONG period of time are just that. Watchers. That’s ok if they eventually come back and buy. I think it might be wise to end some listing and freashen them up with a better price and do sell similar and relists. I think for some sellers these GTC are just collecting dust. LOL.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Yes unfortunately that means a LOT more work for me everyday.  I have like 2600 listings I think so every day there are a LOT that are getting ready to end.  Now, I just end those that have no watchers and relist via sell similar.  But you may be right....I need to end more of them, especially those that have been in the store for longer.  WAY too much work to make sales here!  😞

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

I made two sales today which shocked me . I suppose that will be my allotment for the up coming long  weekend . Tulips 

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Not really. I'm going to be away until next Wednesday and just putting all the vacation notices up and changing handling time.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

There are 7 1/2 BILLON people in the world. Only 327 MILLION (The US) celebrate Labor Day in September (Most of the rest of the world celebrates it on May 1).

I suppose your sales totals may or may not  be affected by how many international sales you make.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Find more stuff to list for sale, its better time spent than worrying about a platform that's falling apart. Don't get me wrong, I come here and gripe too, then I go back and list, its just better use of my time.

Besides, the Holiday's are coming up, now is the best time to list. I don't care how bad the economy is, or what ebay does wrong next, I'm milking the Holidays for all its worth.

Come back and gripe with us when you get done listing, you'll feel better 🙂

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

CLOSED DOWN- Cancelled all my GTC - No Auctions going. After the hurricane I will restart

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Looking forward to the huge flea market sale I am having this week -end . Liquidating all of my ebay inventory. Ending my summer by emptying my garage basement and storage unit of all of my ebay inventory.  Have been selling since 2003 on 3 ebay accounts. There is not joy left here. 

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

I hope you do well at the market.  I have a both set up for every Sunday all year long.  It hasn't been great there, either.  I found some hope on eBay today.  16 sales!  15 of those were items I just posted late last night.  I know it won't last but, it helps before the 3-day weekend.  Take care.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply