cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time selling an item and messed up

I sold my first item and when I checked it, it had sent to my normal email not my PayPal email. I had no clue I had to check as I assumed it was automatic I then panicked and signed up to PayPal with that email to refund the money, when in hindsight I should have just accepted and cancel the account afterwards. so now I have no clue how the buyer is supposed to pay for it. Do I cancel it, relist it or contact eBay? This is why I’ve never sold anything before ad I panic to much and act before I think I feel terrible messing people around.  What do I do? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

First add a different email address and remove your eBay email address from your new PayPal account.

https://www.wikihow.com/images/a/a7/Update-Your-Email-Address-on-PayPal-Step-6-Version-2.jpg

Then add your eBay email address to your old PayPal account, @dreamylina.

Apologize to your buyer, have them go through eBay Checkout again from a computer, and your payment will reappear at your old PayPal account.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

And BREATHE! We’ve all been there, it’s quite a learning curve, but I haven’t read an obituary yet where EBay was the cause of death.

Chin up! And don’t be afraid to ask for advice!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

We don’t know for sure! The stress level of unpaid bills gets pretty fatal sometimes.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I think "ebay" might be the cause of death on my MY death certificate.  The question is ... will it be the selling or the boards?   😃

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 5
latest reply