IMG_0784.JPG

Something new or a test.

anybody else seeing this?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Anyone else seeing this?

Well, OK then LOL.

I went in to the listing to revise it, and it had reverted back to immediate payment and the check/money order option was still there, but unchecked (I KNOW I checked them)

So, apparently, even if you tell the listing form you want to do this, it is apparently ignoring your choice when your item is actually listed.

I'm taking down the listing at this point.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Which book is it?

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@redmodelt  Sorry, I took it down. I had put it up just to test things.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Interesting allowing other payment options, but FVF  will stay the same. When Ebay rolled out their own payment system (that was combined with FVF) they made a big deal about being cheaper than Paypal fees, but is was not cheaper than taking a cash payment. Why not allow more payment options when Ebay's  FVF still includes the payment processing fee even when no payment processing was actually done.

CDM Antiques
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

You know, in all those years of checks and money orders I never got a bad one but I only accepted money orders. I always felt there was too much risk with personal checks.

But all-in-all I agree, that's a bygone era. We are too far past that to go back to that.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

I've been seeing it over the past day or two. 

I was wondering why there was no announcement.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Between this new change and the constant "send offer" when listing new items, eBay is becoming pickers paradise. We love selling on eBay, we take great pride in what we do. But, this new change & the postal issues. Sellers are truly bargain hunting most of the time. This is not going to help sellers in my honest opinion. Sure would have like to known.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  I too was listing a book.  We're going backwards.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Between this new change and the constant "send offer" when listing new items, eBay is becoming pickers paradise.

IMHO eBay has always been a place for pickers and bargain hunters. I think that is what has been drawing buyers here from the very start. But that aside, I fail to see how a bug in the listing form would affect that.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Oh dear Ghu, NO!

The best decision eBay ever made was to adopt BillPoint circa the turn of the millennium.

• No more waiting for the arrival of money orders in the mail.
  • No more rubber checks.

Then the somewhat smoother Paypal was brought in.

And now Managed Payments, which seems to be being used to clear out deadwood and stop scammers, in addition to being more transparent and slightly cheaper than PP.

Online payment for online purchases.

Oh my! BillPoint still owes me $4.00 from 2001. I was forced to sign up for it to participate in a fundraiser eBay was doing for 9-11 and we were promised we would be refunded the shipping costs. I never got it. That was the only time I ever used BillPoint again.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy  Well, then come on down...to play another round of the fast-paced, fun-filled ebay Guessing Game---"Glitch, Test or  New?" where are contestants---average , every day ebay sellers---try to guess what is going on with the platform's latest unannounced changes!

(Hmmm, now that I think of it---maybe ebay should give away ebay swag (or better yet, fee credits) to the first person to guess correctly)

I'm going with "Glitch". 

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@steve_stuff Also know that anything with a payment accepted outside of eBay checkout is not eligible for the 30 day MBG.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@steve_stuff  devon@ebay 

I saw this option to accept check, money order or cash on pickup while creating a listing for a BOOK today. So definitely not one of the previously designated categories @dhbookds  was referring to. I selected "check" and a pop up advised me that "immediate payment" would be removed if I chose it. (I then unchecked it)

But devon@ebay , can you explain what is going on here? If this is an actual policy change, it's a pretty significant one, and certainly merits an Announcement. And follow up questions: how does this impact my stated handling time? What about ebay Seller Protection and Money Back Guarantee?

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! This is something that we are looking into and we will share more insight once we hear more. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

devon@ebay  Thanks ... I hope we hear back soon. 

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

@asset_liquidators 

Cheques were pretty normal in our line so we accepted them, the biggest problem was actually money orders.

US customers could not understand that Canada is a different country and constantly sent green Domestic money orders which cannot be cashed here.

Because our B&M business sold internationally, we would sneak them into our regular cheque deposits to the US dollar account  or take them with us to shows in the States and cash them at a post office.

And then of course there was the Western Union scam.... which had nothing to do with WU, but was nasty until the payment processors came up with a better idea.

@ trip98

Online checkout fees

When customers use PayPal to purchase items directly through a website’s checkout (without being redirected to PayPal’s payments page), PayPal takes 3.49% of the transaction plus a $0.49 fee.

https://www.shopify.com/ca/blog/paypal-fees#

Message 30 of 34
latest reply