cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting "There is an issue processing your request." on offers?

I've tried every which way, via various links and situations, but each time I try to make an offer to a buyer for an item that they asked a question about, with the "new  feature", it won't let me submit the message and comes back with "There is an issue processing your request." in red at the top but it is not any more specific what the problem is. Any ideas, experience, solutions? It COULD be my browser or OS, but thought I'd check before investigating that route..

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Hey Mike - hope all is well in Sin City! I've had that happen a few times - but I usually just give it a few minutes and try again. I do know that some problems are solved by just switching browsers. 

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

We are having a similar problem where we are unable to respond to any offers on a lot of our items. This started on April 9th and is effecting most of our listings from before that date. Ebay told us that the only resolution is to relist these items, though with over 600 items listed this is impossible.

If you look at your listing, you may see that right under the search bar it does not show the category links for the category your item is listed under. All of our listings that had this issue do not show the category links. It appears that this happened when the categories we list under were changed, it seems to be an issue with their migration tool.

The fact that this is going to cost ebay partners huge amounts of money doesnt seem to be an issue to them!

This issue is occuring across all browsers and on the mobile app.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Please update when you find something out because the majority of my sales are the result of best offer. Thank you!

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I just started getting this message when I try to make counteroffers.  Very frustrating!

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I wonder if it is the bots thinking it has to do with selling off-ebay?  Perhaps they are fine-tuning the 'protective programming' again.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Constantly - no matter which browser or computer I use. Another example of the amazing quality of their development kindergarten.
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I'm getting the same 'There was an issue processing your request.' error message when trying to 'send offers' - but only on some items - this has been happening for several days. Also, occasionally when trying to buy/arrange shipping (via Shutl), using the 'Print Postage Label' option  - so have had to arrange shipping independently.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

just a general suggestion............when you get repeatable stuff like this.......it could be that the browser is simply using the same path as the first time it got the message.

A couple of things to try..........shut down and then reload the browser, clear cache or shut down windows and reboot........  Most of the time, one of these clears up the problem for me.   

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

I've tried all of that, and I still have the same problem. Nothing has changed, I still get the same error message, and only on certain items.

How many months will have to wait before this gets fixed?
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Very similar problem I posted question about @  Member To Member Support but no answer so I assume the fix is not known.

In My eBay at some active auctions, I have button "SEND OFFER" that usually sends offer to all the potential buyers that are watching this auction and agreed to receive offers.
When I click on that button "SEND OFFER" message appears: "there is issue with sending your offer" in red at the top of page.

It happen to some auctions not the others.  No obvious, visible common link between  auctions with error.

I have it like this for at least a month

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18
inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by,
you might live in Michigan. Jeff Foxworthy.
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Here's an interesting twist...

I noticed that I can also send these offers via my iPhone eBay app. When I tried to make the identical offer via the app, I also got an error message, but it was a different message. This message read...

"This user ID has been suspended or is no longer a registered eBay user."

Certainly they are not referring to me, since I am still quite registered and active. Perhaps one of the "interested buyers" that will be getting my offer has been suspended? I'm not so sure that makes any sense either, but what else could this error message be referring to?

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I have been getting this all of a sudden in the last two months, and up until then, it was working fine for me... I have not switched browsers, or computers or updates any operating system, so that tells me its on eBay's side.....

I hope it gets fixed soon as I always use that feature when buying! SO I have been missing buying lots of auctions!

Bad business practice eBay!
Get off your ass's and fix it!

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

I have gotten it from time, but today is different. I have a buyer interested in several items. He is making offers, some I have accepted and some I need to make counteroffers. It let me do some and not the others. So now we are stuck in the middle of the process.

This is no way to have to do serious business.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

hello, i may have found a work around for this issue. i was having he same problems, so i went onto my iphone and logged onto the ebay mobile website; not the app and not the classic website. on the ebay mobile website i was able to successfully make an offer on an item that i was watching. I later logged onto the classic website and the offer i made was still there. hope this helps.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply