cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody having problems uploading pictures 3/9/2024?

This is going on 3 days where I can not upload pictures to new listings, maybe I get through 2 listings, then BAM! Can't upload pics. Maybe a few hours later, I'll get lucky with 1 listing, then WHAM! No uploading of pics! It seems since the new method of uploading pics through the mobile app has been in place 100% of the time (it used to toggle between the new method and the legacy method). This is really trying my patience!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anybody having problems uploading pictures 3/9/2024?

"This is really trying my patience!"

Said everyone who has ever sold on eBay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I saw posts created yesterday about it.

I personally haven't had an issue, but I don't upload images manually so it probably doesn't impact me.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

😂

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Try using a desktop browser instead of the app. I have not had any issues listing at all, but I don't use ebay's  app to list. I have no idea why anyone would use the app to list anyway, a very slow way to list. I can type a 1000X faster on a standard keyboard than I can pushing buttons on my phone.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@suavepenguin 

I listed an item this morning, late.  No problems here.  Might just be a temporary glitch.  Perhaps try again later. 

Happy Sellling

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@hartungcards 

Another zinger! lol!  Priceless! 😆

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

Try using a desktop browser instead of the app. I have not had any issues listing at all, but I don't use ebay's  app to list. I have no idea why anyone would use the app to list anyway, a very slow way to list. I can type a 1000X faster on a standard keyboard than I can pushing buttons on my phone.

I agree with that, I create listings on a desktop browser, but I upload the pictures directly from my phone. For me, this is the fastest, no transferring pictures from a camera/phone to a PC, THEN uploading. The new update to uploading from a mobile device seems to be the culprit. I have spent the day creating listings and saving them to the draft bank.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Same Here, But Just Today So Far. One Listing Was Fine. Then Took Photos With My Phone For Another Listing, And Its Still Trying To Upload Them. I Get Out Of The App, Then Pull Up The Draft On My PC, And Get The Same Thing.  Frustrating When Paying For A Store Subscription, And Not Being Able To List Unless You Have All Day.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@jshop_collections wrote:

Same Here, But Just Today So Far. One Listing Was Fine. Then Took Photos With My Phone For Another Listing, And Its Still Trying To Upload Them. I Get Out Of The App, Then Pull Up The Draft On My PC, And Get The Same Thing.  Frustrating When Paying For A Store Subscription, And Not Being Able To List Unless You Have All Day.

Yeah, this is a real bummer. I ended up transferring pictures from my phone to the desktop PC on the end so I could at least get something up there.  It's a tedious process, as the iPhone saves all pics in 2 formats, so I have to manually select the ones in the proper 1:1 ratio. I'm convinced the problem is because of the full cutover to the new format when uploading pictures from a mobile device, even when the listings are initiated in a browser.  Well, tomorrow is another day!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Same problem here for two days.  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I can upload but only one picture at a time.  Obviously slower.  

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I was trying to create new listings this morning I don't use the app just my desktop computer.  When choosing my pictures to upload they come up way out of order of date/time taken.  I don't see anyone else having this problem yet.  Pretty sure this is something ebay has to fix, hopefully sooner than later as it is frustrating. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I thought it was me ...my phone...my stress level is through the roof!!!!! Why do they screw around with what works!!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply