cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "Wilmington, Delaware" east euro scammer?

I only just found out there is an infamous "Wilmington, Delaware" reshipping address that many east euro scammers have used, and I suspect someone may be attempting to scam me. I sold a high-demand computer part for $800, it was delivered to the address yesterday with Fedex with signature-required. Today this account messaged me requesting a shipping label outside of ebay, to return the item because "their plans had changed". It was total nonsense.

I looked at their ebay account, it states "Ukraine", and they have 7 feedback for mostly low value junk items. I googled their shipping address and see a ton of hits on a known fraudster/scammer operating through this address. 701 Cornell Dr. Unit F9 (P-********) Wilmington DE 19801 

The day I shipped the item I had a hectic schedule with many shipments and missed the red flags. OTOH I don't like to pre-judge people or cancel orders just because of someone's name or where they live. There are legitimate buyers in other countries using reshippers. 

Does eBay protect sellers in instances like this? I instructed the buyer to open a return with eBay, the serial number must match and the inspection of the return will be video recorded. I anticipate receiving a rock in a box if I get anything at all, but I'm not sure eBay would even care. It's still unclear what they're trying to pull.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Another "Wilmington, Delaware" east euro scammer?

Hello friend, im buyer from Russian and i have some information about this question. After this whole situation arose in the world, there was also a problem of paying for Internet parcels and a problem with bank transfers from Russia, a new service called "Post Global" (PostGlobal) was launched in Russia. The essence of this service in Russia helps ordinary customers to make purchases on sites such as ebay, iHerb amazon and etc. This Russian service (PostGlobal) just has the address 701 Cornell Dr
Wilmington, DE 19801. I would venture to assume that there is a warehouse where various parcels arrive from the USA and then from there a large order is sent to Russia.

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

(1) Yes, that address in Delaware is no doubt that of a freight forwarder.

(2) Did you notice the date of the original message? Let's hope the OP has resolved his issue by this time.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Zombie thread OP is over 1.5 years old.

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

I understand the concern, but I have sent dozens of items to freight forwarders on both coasts, including many Delaware addresses and never had one issue. 

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

I think if the reason is they changed their mind they are on the hook for the cost of the return.

that’s a remorse return. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply