cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another person still wants the item sold.

Ebay  prevents email associations so it makes it difficult for me to tell the buyer that someone else would still be interested if they decide not to keep it. This kind of thing over something only one person bid on makes this the last time I sell on ebay. I dont like how ebay is being changed all the time and how my items always sell for 99 cents if that is how it is started. This country is totally going to hell in a hand basket ALL because of ebay. 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Another person still wants the item sold.

Presumably the second party is offering more, hence the supposed "ethical dilemma"

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

There is no "dilemma"!!!!!! If you start an auction at 99 cents and get only one bid, that is exactly what the item is worth at this time. No ethics, morals, or financial considerations involved, ship it and adjust your listing process.

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

Someone bid which canceled the 2nd parties offer. When it ended I got a message that said if I canceled the auction they would pay me a considerable amount. But of course I already sent it out to the winning bidder. So my question is, will I get a relief benefit bonus based on my personal interests and functionality?

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

There are little changes happening here and there that source me out of options on this website ebay. Yes, those little changes I try to revert when possible. In fact I bet this guy gets my address off the person I sold it to and comes into my house at night and offs me. Not ebays fault, and of course its not this country's fault. Got to blame the guy right here typing this garbage out for no apparent reason other than to appease ones spirituals introverse.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Some guy who did not win the auction contacted the guy who did win the auction, got your address and plans on visiting you after dark and killing you?

What an odd view of the world!

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

More like and odd bet for the dollar coin clip my grandmother gave me before she passed away from a broken hip.

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

You listed the Thing at Auction for 99c.

There was only one bidder and it sold for 99c.

The buyer paid, you shipped.

Later someone Messaged you that they would pay more?

You regret the sale and want the buyer to return it for a refund?

Unlikely.

This is a Learning Experience.

And it only cost you a buck.

Don't use Auctions.

Use Fixed Price, like over 80% of transactions, and set that price where you will be happy to sell.
Your item will have 30 days to find a buyer instead of seven.

You will be happier with the price.

The buyer will be easier to deal with than the bottom feeding bargain hunter.

And the guy who contacted you but never bid when the item was live?

A very good chance he is a scammer.

Move on.

Learn.

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

Someone bid which canceled the 2nd parties offer. When it ended I got a message that said if I canceled the auction they would pay me a considerable amount.

Ah!

There was Best Offer enabled on the Auction!

But the only bid came in while another customer was making the Offer, and the bid Blocked the offer which then disappeared.

Instead of bidding the amount of his  Offer, the other guy waited until the Auction was over (which might have been a matter or minutes) and contacted the seller with his scheme.

So he has  Learning Experience too.

Don't wait around.

Bid once, bid your maximum.

BTW the seller has no idea how much his winning bidder actually bid. Only that the won at the opening, set by the seller foolishly low, because there were not other bids.

The winner might have bid twice as much as the slowpoke with the Offer. No way to know.

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

@soh.maryl   Well he uses a picture of his house as his avatar.  So google images could....

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

@samkoler wrote:

So my question is, will I get a relief benefit bonus based on my personal interests and functionality?

What?

Have a great day
Message 25 of 35
latest reply

I spoke with both and I would gladly sell to both persons. I like ebay but its just nonsense all up and down and around. I have purchased plenty things myself and I know the deal sometimes the seller backs out and I give them the benefit of the doubt. If there are special things like this that no longer exist wouldn't it be nice if people try a little to notice when things kind of go south. I don't care about the money I just want to please the donkey that feeds the horse.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

Okay then. Whatever you're smoking you need to put it down now.

You can't "gladly sell to both" if you only have one item.

Maybe this online selling thing isn't a good fit for you. It doesn't suit everyone.

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

You nailed that one...debbe4ever !...OP..dude move on..you are so angry you don't even need to be on EBay..send the item to the winning bidder..forget about the 2nd one already...he lost you should have no contact with some joker that is willing to pay more????

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

After reading your posts here, I’ve realised that must be some really good grass you’re smoking!

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

@glorybells wrote:

After reading your posts here, I’ve realised that must be some really good grass you’re smoking!

Or got into a fist fight with a thesaurus and lost.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 30 of 35
latest reply