cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another person still wants the item sold.

Ebay  prevents email associations so it makes it difficult for me to tell the buyer that someone else would still be interested if they decide not to keep it. This kind of thing over something only one person bid on makes this the last time I sell on ebay. I dont like how ebay is being changed all the time and how my items always sell for 99 cents if that is how it is started. This country is totally going to hell in a hand basket ALL because of ebay. 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

I suspect there are a lot of causes to the hell in a hand basket happening now. Ebay would be way down on my list.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Like eating off of golf courses and vignettes?

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

@samkoler wrote:

Ebay  prevents email associations so it makes it difficult for me to tell the buyer that someone else would still be interested if they decide not to keep it. 

Not true at all; you will find your buyer's email address on your Sold Items or Orders page. In the Actions column for the item you sold, open the little pulldown menu there and select the "View order details" option. The buyer's email address will be displayed for two weeks in the Purchase Details section on the left side of the page.

I'm a little surprised that your cooling system auction sold with only one bid for 99¢ after an entire week, but as the bidder won it fair and square, you have to ship. Regardless of eBay "suggestions," don't start an auction at a price lower than you would accept if you only ever got one bid, because as you can see in this case, that's what may happen. Better luck next time.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

@samkoler wrote:

This country is totally going to hell in a hand basket ALL because of ebay. 

I'm pretty sure Ebay has nothing to do with what is going on in the country.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

I have emailed both parties and tried to make them happy but ebay just makes my life systematically controlled as though id a hamster engaged in some kind of fight to the death with the same preponderances. There is no next time.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

What kind of reply was that?"eating off golf courses?" I use to ice skate on the greens in the winter! 😆

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

OP..why did you leave that reply to the*dog*ate*my* tablecloth? What does it mean?

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

@samkoler wrote:

I have emailed both parties and tried to make them happy but ebay just makes my life systematically controlled as though id a hamster engaged in some kind of fight to the death with the same preponderances. There is no next time.

@samkoler 

Why didn't your 'second party' bid? I'm confused...

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@samkoler wrote:

This country is totally going to hell in a hand basket ALL because of ebay. 

ummm...this country started going to hell in a handbasket about thirty years BEFORE Ebay, long before the internet existed.

But feel free to blame everything in the world on Ebay, everyone else here does. 😑

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Thank you for the insight. It was only about 100 degrees here yesterday, so, I spent the day outside organizing and getting stuff ready for eBay future listings. Got up feeling terrible this morning and at first I thought it was because I did something stupid and overworked my 70 year old body. Now I know that it was eBay's fault!!!!

Even if I had stayed inside and jacked up the air conditioning and felt better, then my power bill would have been more than I can afford and that would have been eBay's fault too, because my sales have slowed down and I am not making enough money. Simply can't win and there is no way to defeat this nefarious plot to ruin the world!

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

The buyer might not be happy if contacted for  that.  

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

@samkoler wrote:

No reason to contact the buyer, to make them happy, ship their item.

The other buyer, tell them sorry, they item already sold.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

How is eBay "being changed all the time"?

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@samkoler wrote:

I'm not understanding why you are emailing either party, really. Your 99¢ bidder won the auction, so just ship the item as usual. That other person, whoever it is who's wanting to buy the item, should have bid on it. You have no obligation to that second party and no need to continue communicating.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply