cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Up & Running Grants

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)
This holiday season, eBay is giving back to the small businesses like you who are powering America.
We’re awarding more than $500,000 in grants and credits to help eBay businesses in the US stay up and running online and secure their future.

Learn more and apply by December 11 at ebay.helloalice.com

Read the announcement: https://ebay.to/3nLueWT

10k cash and credit.jpg
Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Announcing Up & Running Grants

Not sure I trust this.

Who or what is "HelloAlice?"

More so, who are you?

If ebay is giving away grants why would they go through a third party's domain?

Why obfuscate the Uniform Resource Locator with such an obscure name?

ebay.helloalice.com is NOT an ebay root domain, rather ebay is a subdomain of helloalice.com.

Would you trust me if I said I will give you money so long you sign up on some domain you have never heard of before in your entire life with your ebay username and password?  What if I was a "community manager" with a pretty ebay logo around my name, would that help?

Last but not least, wouldn't this be in my seller account's messages?

Shouldn't I have received something in regards to this outside of this community?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

True on many accounts ... but yes, this was in my eBay messages and should be in yours 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ebay has screwed sellers out of billions and collected billions more. Your grant program is limited to half a million? That isn't even a half arsed attempt at giving for Ebay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

After a little research...

The 50 grants are across 20 different advertising companies. Including Verizon...it's not limited to eBay companies and eBay is probably on putting in a small portion of the money split between these companies rather than just do things that directly help their sellers. It is basically dirt-cheap PR with someone else doing the work so they can look like they care and are doing something. Again, rather than help sellers directly.

Additionally, if they are actively discriminating against anyone who is white, male, and heterosexual. Going to love to see the demographics of the awards and see how it compares to both the national numbers in these groups and actual eBay statistics. Probably not going to even be close.

This is racial gender, and sexual discrimination and I hope someone brings a lawsuit...or 50.

eBay, stop pandering and start helping your sellers...you're losing us.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Why does the helloalice part remind me of Webinterpret?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Wanna help sellers? Lower the fees....

Message 7 of 7
latest reply