cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost 1 Year & Customer States they never received package?

Today I see a customer message stating they have not received an order that was shipped out January 9, 2019.

The tracking number is no longer live on the USPS site as they typically close out at around 90 days so I have no information whatsoever. I do have policies in place but typically try to go above and beyond them to assist customers when there are issues but after almost an entire year has gone by...?

I would just like to hear what other would opt to do in this scenario.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Almost 1 Year & Customer States they never received package?

I doubt I would refund after this amount of time.......... out of curiosity, what was the item/cost?  I know I check the delivered status at least once a wk on sales and would have seen a non delivered item.  But that's easy in Seller Hub and I didn't always check before...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Well, the buyer cannot ask PayPal to step in and eBay's money back guarantee disappeared months and months ago. I am pretty sure, if they paid with a bank or credit card that there protections to get there money back from them went away as well. Also the transaction, after 90 days, went away on eBay's system for you to see anything.

The buyer is pretty much out of luck for not saying something close to a year ago.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

That is totally ridiculous.

It is also well past the time for them to leave negative feedback.

Don't mean to sound to crass, but I would add them to my BBL, and tell them to go pound sand.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Where did you ship it to? I have shipped items to foreign countries that have taken months to get there. Amazingly none of them filed claims and waited till it was delivered. Some foreign Post Offices are truly the worst. Stealing items is common in many countries.

If you shipped however to America, I would just ignore the buyer. It is too late for him to file even with PayPal. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The item was around $50. It was a delivery within the US. I do try to check that there isn’t anything wonky going on with tracking for my orders but since my volume has increased it’s not always possible to check everyone. 

Even at the 90 day mark I could have at least seen that the package wasn’t delivered but now I have absolutely zero information to go on. 

Thanks everyone for the input!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

A YEAR???

No flippin' way. Do people seriously think we're that stupid?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@tinkertreasuresminis wrote:

Today I see a customer message stating they have not received an order that was shipped out January 9, 2019.

The tracking number is no longer live on the USPS site as they typically close out at around 90 days so I have no information whatsoever. I do have policies in place but typically try to go above and beyond them to assist customers when there are issues but after almost an entire year has gone by...?

I would just like to hear what other would opt to do in this scenario.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to everyone!

It's much too late to do anything. Ignore the buyer and block them.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I would answer them that after 30 days you are no longer responsible for the delivery of the package.  I would be sympathetic in my reply.  That's all I would do.   

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply