cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Items Are Free!?

Twice in the past couple months I have had ebay just give the buyer a refund and let them keep the item.

Most recently someone demanded a partial refund in the messages. I don’t do partial refunds. They opened a return, again demanding a partial refund. I approved the request and provided a label. They WANT the item. They just don’t think they should pay for it. I guess ebay agreed. Buyer called and they opened a case. They closed the case in 15 seconds claiming I didn’t respond. Totally disgusting. Outright theft. Second time it’s happened in two months. Are we expected to meet all partial refund demands? Are all items on ebay free for anyone will to call in with absurd, entitled demands?

Next we have GSP theft. Buyers in GSP have found that if they open a return the seller will be forced to provide a return label that is impossible to obtain and in return they will get the item for free. I sold a brand new water heater part via GSP and the buyer, who probably doesn’t understand how it works, opens a return for “not authentic.” It came from Home Depot. Claim is absurd. Ebay says they are going to give him my item for free if I don’t figure out how to buy Mexican postage in four days.  Im taking GSP off of all my shipping policies later today. Ill bet this isn’t the first item this guy has stolen this way.

This is outright theft. As sure as stealing from wal-mart is theft. Is ebay giving away your stuff to obvious liars and cheats as well?

Most recently someone demanded a partial refund in the messages. I don’t do partial refunds. They opened a return, again demanding a partial refund. I approved the request and provided a label. They WANT the item. They just don’t think they should pay for it. I guess ebay agreed. Buyer called and they opened a case. They closed the case in 15 seconds claiming I didn’t respond. Totally disgusting. Outright theft. Second time it’s happened in two months. Are we expected to meet all partial refund demands? Are all items on ebay free for anyone will to call in with absurd, entitled demands?

Next we have GSP theft. Buyers in GSP have found that if they open a return the seller will be forced to provide a return label that is impossible to obtain and in return they will get the item for free. I sold a brand new water heater part via GSP and the buyer, who probably doesn’t understand how it works, opens a return for “not authentic.” It came from Home Depot. Claim is absurd. Ebay says they are going to give him my item for free if I don’t figure out how to buy Mexican postage in four days.  Im taking GSP off of all my shipping policies later today. Ill bet this isn’t the first item this guy has stolen this way.

This is outright theft. As sure as stealing from wal-mart is theft. Is ebay giving away your stuff to obvious liars and cheats as well?

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All Items Are Free!?

I dont understand?  GSP would handle the return typically- why are you having to if it went thru GSP?

@katzrul15 

The GSP does not handle returns.  When a buyer claims SNAD, and the seller cannot purchase a label for an international sale, they are expected to SEND MONEY (typically through PayPal) in advance to cover return shipping with the appropriate delivery confirmation. 

They can "ask" the buyer how much it would be, but if the buyer does not respond with the amount and their email address,  the clock keeps ticking...

If a seller does not send the cash in the allotted time, the case is closed and the buyer receives a refund from the seller's proceeds and gets to keep the product. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

All Items Are Free!?

Sorry for copy paste error. 

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

I don't understand, they opened a return, you provided a label, that should be the end of it, either they return it or they don't.  You should appeal that. 

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

I dont understand?  GSP would handle the return typically- why are you having to if it went thru GSP?

Sorry - difficult time discerning how many issues you are referencing? 2 or 3 different orders, correct?

What does your return policy state?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

Sorry but Ebay does not allow a buyer to keep the money and keep the item. They always ask you to respond what you would prefer. Either you accept the return, or let it time out. If you let it time out then Ebay assumes you do not want your item back. It's always your choice.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

The international transaction are a lot trickier it seems when these buyer want to scam with partial etc. Stay away if you cannot afford to lose stuff and still maintain good profit margains.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@postingid7659 wrote:

I don't understand, they opened a return, you provided a label, that should be the end of it, either they return it or they don't.  You should appeal that. 

I read it as the seller is letting them time out and NOT providing the label, thus the inevitable outcome.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

@katzrul15 

The GSP does not handle returns.  When a buyer claims SNAD, and the seller cannot purchase a label for an international sale, they are expected to SEND MONEY (typically through PayPal) in advance to cover return shipping with the appropriate delivery confirmation. 

They can "ask" the buyer how much it would be, but if the buyer does not respond with the amount and their email address,  the clock keeps ticking...

If a seller does not send the cash in the allotted time, the case is closed and the buyer receives a refund from the seller's proceeds and gets to keep the product. 

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

Thanks for the clarification.  All the time we used GSP, we never had a SNAD or return. 

Someone posted yesterday you can narrow where GSP ships.  Looked and cannot find that.  If true, OP should eliminate several locations.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

When I was still selling on eBay (until my deadline passed to sign up for MP), whenever I got a seller who emailed me if I would "take" less for an item (even though I never had the Accept Offer button on), I immediately blocked them, then emailed back a polite "no."  The reason? I had visions of them buying the item anyway, then submitting a claim for a partial refund so they could get the item at the price they wanted to pay as indicated in their email.

Just think what it would be like if we could go into Walmart and say, "I don't want to pay $3.32 for this Tombstone Pizza. Here's $2.23," and then just walk out with the pizza. To top it all off, Walmart Security would let us, and just look the other way. How long would Walmart stay in business?

Indeed, Walmart is closing 17 Walgreens in San Francisco since the threshold for the prosecution of shoplifting was lowered by Prop 87.  People just go in and take what they want, the store powerless to stop them.

Hmmmm, where did eBay start? San Francisco!

So for some reason, the left coast has a strange philosophy about compensation for merchandise.

Maybe eBay will eventually look like a shuttered San Fran boulevard, as sellers reduce their merchandise and presence here due to such policies as the poster describes.  

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

@katzrul15 wrote:

Sorry - difficult time discerning how many issues you are referencing? 2 or 3 different orders, correct?

What does your return policy state?

The GSP only handles it if the item is lost or damaged.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

Contact eBay and demand a fee credit.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

If that doesn't work, PM them on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

On a side note, it may not be worth it to remove GSP because of a couple of scammers. YMMV.

And remember to add those scammers to your bbl!

@baydistributionllc 

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

You MUST offer refund on return.

You MUST do this in the Dispute, not in a message.

If GSP is involved, it is more complicated, because the buyer paid import fees in addition to the payment your received.

The return of those fees are handled by GSP.

tyler@ebay 

Could you clarify how a seller should handle a Not As Described claim which was shipped via GSP?

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

@baydistributionllc wrote:

Twice in the past couple months I have had ebay just give the buyer a refund and let them keep the item.

All Items Are Free!?

It does seem to be the message eBay is sending to the buyers by just OPEN UP a RETURN policy, so the mindset of the dishonest buyers is I buy and it's mine for FREE:

ZZZZ_50.jpg

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

@baydistributionllc 

>Twice in the past couple months I have had ebay just give the buyer a refund and let them keep the item.

eBay now assists dishonest buyers with item theft. Here's some "advertising" on how it works,

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+get+free+stuff+on+ebay

Message 15 of 32
latest reply