cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 6+ months listings now violate offensive materials policy?

Is this new, have any of you received this? I have a large amount of Thomas Blackshear figurines listed. I sell some here and there but not nearly enough so I've relisted the ones that haven't sold many times. I recently received this message when trying to relist two of them

Your listing includes a term not permitted under our Offensive Materials policy

Another figurine that I was relisting at the same time went through just fine. Today I got another one blocked. I called eBay yesterday but they couldn't seem to figure out the problem or why it was "offensive". They said they'd message me later when they figured it out but of course I've received nothing. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@frankbama41 wrote:

eric@ebay this would really be a big help if you could look into it.

maybe it's @eric@ebay

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Not sure where I got Eric. alan@ebay, can you help?

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@frankbama41 wrote:

Is this new, have any of you received this? I have a large amount of Thomas Blackshear figurines listed. I sell some here and there but not nearly enough so I've relisted the ones that haven't sold many times. I recently received this message when trying to relist two of them

Your listing includes a term not permitted under our Offensive Materials policy

Another figurine that I was relisting at the same time went through just fine. Today I got another one blocked. I called eBay yesterday but they couldn't seem to figure out the problem or why it was "offensive". They said they'd message me later when they figured it out but of course I've received nothing. 

Hi @frankbama41  - I wanted to chime in and say I've gotten more information on this. We have updated our policy to prohibit reproductions in the Black Americana category.

This includes any items listed as condition “new”, so if your items were listed as new they would be blocked from being listed in that category. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I'm not aware of there being an Eric that is a member of the Community team.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Do you mean Alan by any chance?  He was already called to this thread earlier in this thread.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Never mind, I see you realized it was Alan.  My apologies.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply