cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address change scam

I'l try to be brief, but beware. I sold a camera to a legit buyer/he immediately pays/I buy shipping label/I ship to buyer one hour after Ebay notified me he paid. Took me about 20 minutes to drive to UPS, drop off package, return home.  The perfect transaction I thought. Oh, oh.  On my return home I get an actual Ebay email notification from an Ebayer (same day registration, April 26, 2024) who claimed he just bought my camera and needs to change the shipping address. My mind numbed for about 30 seconds before it became apparent to me that a scam was in progress.  Lots of "tells" (wrong buyer, date joined Ebay, address link fuzzed out, etc) but scary nonetheless.   Also, the "please-change-address" message did not show in my "messages" list for my Ebay account.  But the message pinged my phone  just like all my other Ebay messages.  Spooky stuff.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Address change scam

You will be safe with your delivered tracking number.Glad you didnt fall for the scam.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 2
latest reply