cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active content

is the froo cross sell widget offered on the ebay site, an ebay active content violation?  I can put together static html blocks down the road, but in the mean time, is this widget i see available on ebay, actually a violation because most likely it contains external linking.  Anybody know?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Active content

so I'm thinking end of month at most, and if free cross sell is actually a violation, I don't want to put that up, and then have ebay shut down all listings suddenly as non compliant as a result of using froo cross sell, which i dont use yet, and all my listings at the time of this post, are in fact, compliant, without the Froo widget.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Active content

@alluseek

Check with Froo to see if they are offering a newer version. eBay has sprung the external links ban on the gallery providers with little time to comply, but those who plan to make the change will have something in the works.

The providers can still deliver the dynamic listing info, but the clickable link must now be hardcoded to an eBay page like a store page or seller search page.

I know that Auctiva has already upgraded to this next mandate.

I, on the other hand, have chosen to stop offering my  gallery.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply