cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Required: (my name,but might as well be sucker) please register for managed payments

Latest email from the boss man ebay. Aren't there Federal financial laws that prohibit these kind of moves by a business? I guess we are going to be forced into managed payments one way or the other. I wish the FTC would crawl up ebay's you know what. I think the action required is to find some other way to sell my stuff.

Message 1 of 240
latest reply
239 REPLIES 239

Action Required: (my name,but might as well be sucker) please register for managed payments

They may go as far as to have a managed payments sign up page when you try to log in at some point, and you can't go any further doing anything else, like creating new listings for example. It's hard to guess what ebay's next move is going to be. 

I wouldn't want to reinforce that your sales all but stopped as related though, scaring sellers into signing up, just because ebay would love us posting that on this board for all to read. 

But again, who knows? Nobody but ebay. 

Message 16 of 240
latest reply

the consequences can only mean one thing, you will be relegated into obscurity when you lose your listing privleges.they will flat out let you know that paypal is no longer an option after a certain amount of time due to inactivity on your part

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 17 of 240
latest reply

I wonder if they will force all of a seller's stores into managed payments or if they only invite one login name at a time?  anyone know?

Message 18 of 240
latest reply

From my understanding ebay is doing forced signup in batches and the last will be in 2021.

Message 19 of 240
latest reply

@domin-tomas 

yes but if I sign up with one selling id, will they force all others into it also using the same information?  all of my selling id's are linked show to ebay with the same phone number  (maybe I should change some id's to google phones).  

asking because I am considering signing up with one id just to see how everything works...

Message 20 of 240
latest reply

I definitely think we are being punished right now by lower sales.  😞  I know of one competitor in managed payments, has less items than we do and makes more sales.  I just can't deal with any changes right now....I am in too much pain everyday with my back and managing it takes me a ton of time.  

Message 21 of 240
latest reply

Be safe Never Volunteer 

Message 22 of 240
latest reply

Same here. 

The tone of the message reminded me of the days of my immigration court hearings. I would wet my pants every time a letter from the DHS arrived home. Now I am safe, a proud citizen. 

But, this is something you would do as a big corporation. You are in the business to make money and as the result of Paypal taking away lots of $, you need to transition many buyers and sellers to use your own merchant account. 

This adds to the line of problems to be solved by Ebay. We are the ones paying for their mistakes. 

latest reply

@dasarock wrote:

@domin-tomas 

yes but if I sign up with one selling id, will they force all others into it also using the same information?  all of my selling id's are linked show to ebay with the same phone number  (maybe I should change some id's to google phones).  

asking because I am considering signing up with one id just to see how everything works...

I was wondering that too because they haven`t even invited me to sign up on my other ID. Not even ONE email about MP on that ID yet they have bombarded me on this ID though. I do not have a store on that ID. If they want more people to join why don`t they invite more people to join instead of forcing the ones that don`t?

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 24 of 240
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

@dasarock wrote:

@domin-tomas 

I was wondering that too because they haven`t even invited me to sign up on my other ID. Not even ONE email about MP on that ID yet they have bombarded me on this ID though. I do not have a store on that ID. If they want more people to join why don`t they invite more people to join instead of forcing the ones that don`t?

They are not "forcing" anyone at this time. What is it in the messages that makes you think you are being "forced" to join?

As far as "wanting more people", up until very recently they were limited by their agreement with PayPal to no more than 5%, I think it's now up to 10%.

One more thing, not 100% positive but I believe if your listings offer GSP they are not eligible for Managed Payments at this time. There are some other restrictions that could result in NOT receiving an invitation.

Message 25 of 240
latest reply

Everyone that sells on here will eventually have to use the managed payments. If you sell on eBAY you must use the payment processor they use. No, there is nothing illegal about this. Amazon, Etsy and other marketplaces are using these methods of payment because they give buyers more choices in the way they can pay. It is a good thing. Do not worry about it. I am in the program and it is working fine.

Message 26 of 240
latest reply

There is a positive side to this. More payment options for buyers with Apple Pay google pay etc. With ebay increasing revenue from this then maybe they can compete better with other sites, have money for more advertising, and site improvements. You pay fees for your transactions with PP, NOW with managed payments when you join. I have it and it works fine.

Message 27 of 240
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

They are not "forcing" anyone at this time. What is it in the messages that makes you think you are being "forced" to join?

As far as "wanting more people", up until very recently they were limited by their agreement with PayPal to no more than 5%, I think it's now up to 10%.

One more thing, not 100% positive but I believe if your listings offer GSP they are not eligible for Managed Payments at this time. There are some other restrictions that could result in NOT receiving an invitation.

They actally are forcing some.  Well, if you want to continue listing that is.  I'm guessing today's message might be the lead in to receiving the one with the deadline to join or stop listing.   A copy of that message was posted on the PS board where a date was given to join by or your listing ability ends. 

I haven't read where one ID can join and not others, but I would think that would be confusing anyway.  When I join, I don't want to mess with a seperate process for every ID. 

Message 28 of 240
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

The first set of sellers to indeed be forced were notified in August that they must register by Oct 22nd in order to continue listing on eBay.  Here is the thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Being-Forced-Into-Managed-Payments/m-p/30157400#M...

This latest email received by many sellers yesterday, including me, is quite misleading with the title saying "Action Required: Please register for Managed Payments".  If you read the contents of the message, it's still a request to join, but with that title it feels like they're trying to scare us into joining by saying "Action Required".

I fear that those of us receiving it will soon be forced as the tone of these messages are becoming more demanding in their requests.  

Message 29 of 240
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@hillbillymedia wrote:

@dasarock wrote:

@domin-tomas 

You are right. I`m not being forced in(yet).  Both my selling accounts are set up the same and for the most part, I sell the same type of items. I call my other ID my "small" account. The only real difference between the two is selling and listing volume and this acct. has a store subscription.

They are forcing some into this now from what I`ve read. IMO I think it`s wrong to do being they haven`t even worked it all out yet and all features aren`t available at this time. I don`t like the fact that they will be making tiny deposits daily(for now, for each transaction). I also don`t like the fact that this MP thing is going to cost me more when a customer makes multiple purchases in one order.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 30 of 240
latest reply