cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Required: (my name,but might as well be sucker) please register for managed payments

Latest email from the boss man ebay. Aren't there Federal financial laws that prohibit these kind of moves by a business? I guess we are going to be forced into managed payments one way or the other. I wish the FTC would crawl up ebay's you know what. I think the action required is to find some other way to sell my stuff.

Message 1 of 240
latest reply
239 REPLIES 239

Action Required: (my name,but might as well be sucker) please register for managed payments

I got this same message..."action required".  Completely confused by it as the message acts as if it is an option...yet title of message is action requires".  Anyone else received this and have any info on this???

Message 2 of 240
latest reply

They like to scare me.  I thought I had a case opened on something I sold.

Message 3 of 240
latest reply

Well, with all due respect, ebay has to get so many people in the program at particular intervals to acquire the stock amounts agreed to by Adyen when they signed their contract. Perhaps there may have been some hesitation by some sellers to sign up, and the numbers are possibly lagging behind for this particular interval?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 240
latest reply

I got it too, just today.  It really reeks of desperation on eBay's part to try and scare people with that title.  I really didn't appreciate that.  

Message 5 of 240
latest reply

I would suspect they are trying to get as many sellers as can be allowed under the agreement into Managed Payments before the upcoming holiday shopping season which will equal big bucks for eBay in fees.

Message 6 of 240
latest reply

@mynewfindstore wrote:

I got it too, just today.  It really reeks of desperation on eBay's part to try and scare people with that title.  I really didn't appreciate that.  

Same here. It's inevitable and coming soon (apparently), but I'm not going to switch over while I have auctions running. I'll probably let them end and get paid by my buyers before switching over.

Message 7 of 240
latest reply

Just received the same message.  I took a deep breath before I opened the message.  That Action Required: start of the title was a bit too much, IMHO.  I read the message 3 times just to make sure there really was no action required.

Message 8 of 240
latest reply

What does it say exactly?   

Message 9 of 240
latest reply

@ittybitnot   I erased my name from the title in case it`s against the rules.

zzz.PNG

zz.PNG

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 10 of 240
latest reply

Aren't there Federal financial laws that prohibit these kind of moves by a business?

What kind of moves are you referring to?

I think the action required is to find some other way to sell my stuff.

That's been an option for everyone since the day eBay started. 

I guess we are going to be forced into managed payments one way or the other.

There is no guessing needed - eBay has made it very clear that everyone will be transitioned to Managed Payments eventually. 

Message 11 of 240
latest reply

Thanks, @hillbillymedia 

So it was just a "false alarm".  Not as bad as the one that sellers got saying they were required to enroll by Oct. 30 or some such.....

Message 12 of 240
latest reply

"Action required" is forceful language.

Sounds like these sellers days of not being in managed payments are limited. We don't know yet what the consequences are of not signing up since ebay used the word REQUIRED. 

Message 13 of 240
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

"Action required" is forceful language.

Sounds like these sellers days of not being in managed payments are limited. We don't know yet what the consequences are of not signing up since ebay used the word REQUIRED. 

I agree and I am one of the sellers that received this message today.  First message/invite regarding manage payments sign up came on September 3rd.  I did not sign up.  Coincidence or consequence that my sales all but stopped on September 3rd?  Ten days into the month I am now down 74%.

Message 14 of 240
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

perchance our first guinea pig to volunteer/be mandated into managed payments will be lucky?  then he can give us all the real low-down before we enroll?

Message 15 of 240
latest reply