cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Required letter April 13, 2022

I eceived a letter today that on the surface led me to believe that i could not use certain adjectives in my listings to describe an Item. 

Censorship? 

Dictitorial? 

One would think. I called and asked what:

Condition related Multi-SKU variants  were

I couldnt get anything intellegible from the astute CS person, except that it doesent affect me. How would she know that? whoops! pardon my pronoun all you wokers. I resent this kind of distribution if it doesent affect me and out of the blue some "person" publishes a dictum where do it or your listings are dead. What the heck? Did antifa take over? I really do not need this treatment and believe an apology should be offered and free ebay t-shirts given to those who complain because apologies are easy aand mean nothing, literally from this ilk. Ok?

Have a blessed day.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I don't understand your post. When you switched to the larger font, is that still you talking? Or did all that, um, jumbled-up stuff come from someone else--you know, all that stuff about "wokers" and "antifa" and "ebay [sic] t-shirts" and "ilk?"

There's a mention of "Multi-SKU variants," but beyond that, it's impossible to decipher what you're posting about.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Why would we owe you any kind of apology? 

If anything, you owe anyone who reads this an apology.

We do not need to be treated the way you have spoken here.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I don't understand these "I don't like what ebay did so I'm going to go on an unrelated political rant" posts. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

"I don't understand your post.  . . . . you know, all that stuff about "wokers" and "antifa" and "ebay [sic] t-shirts" and "ilk?" "

Not to mention "dictitorial."  

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@monroe67 wrote:

"I don't understand your post.  . . . . you know, all that stuff about "wokers" and "antifa" and "ebay [sic] t-shirts" and "ilk?" "

Yet ends with "blessed day"  🙄

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

"intellegible from the astute" being the key words.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Want some dressing for that word salad? 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@bilzbigdealz 

multi-SKU variant  is a "variation listing", where different items can be chosen from a drop list. Generally, "condition" can not be a reason for the options, as all selectables must be in the same condition.

While I did not see any current variations for sale, you might have received notification if you previously had a variation listing or if you have one that is out of stock.  

Without seeing the letter, I can only speculate two different reasons that might have triggered notification.

1) If the label for your variation drop list is the same as the name of an Item Specific for your category, you might not be allowed to use that name going forward and would need to rename your variation group. I can provide guidance if this is the case.

2) Or, if the "Condition" for your category has been modified to a different set of numbers (as seems to be an ongoing trend), then you would need to change the condition number as appropriate to align with the new conditions for your category.

If you have never had any  variation listings, or if they have ended and you don't plan to relist, you can ignore the letter.

If you need help, please post over on the "eBay Tools" forum to get my attention.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/bd-p/tools-apps-db

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@monroe67 wrote:

I can come up with at least 3 tasteless jokes that contain “dictitorial”

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

"Wokers" made me giggle-snort.  Who uses 'woke' anymore except people who got left behind. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Times flies, doesn’t it?

I remember fondly when we were still called SJW *sigh*

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Yeah, okay.

That’s all the time I have for Q-anon, Stop the Steal. I wonder if Tucker is showing up on Russian tv again anytime soon?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

A musician on youtube (or tiktok, maybe both) puts those rants to heavy metal - it's hilarious.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 17
latest reply