cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended

To my fellow ebayers,  My account was recently suspended (one month) for listing a flare gun. I certainly understand that rules are rules and we have to follow them, but here's the thing. The reason I messed up and listed this item is that I found it for sale on ebay and then found a completed listing to copy.  I never guessed that a flare gun would be classifed as a weapon although I now see the logic to some degree.

I think ebay could help sellers by improving the software to stop these listings before they become active.

It was a harsh lesson for my company in the forth quarter of the year.  Our company is 100% feedback and a top rated seller.  We need to ban together and stop unfair treatment of sellers. 

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Account suspended

Ebay UK doesn't trust the buyers, crossbows have been banned for years. Sellers are not even allowed to sell parts of a crossbow.

Message 76 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

There are MANY ways to kill people.  Should ebay ban kitchen knives because the buyer  may stab their spouse with one?  Here in my part of the country crossbows are used for hunting or for sports.  Right now it's bow hunting season on deer.  Most people will use that crossbow for what it is intended.  As in my case yesterday where they removed my cpap hose~~right now there are 7,306 listings for cpap supplies from hoses, masks, cushions, water chambers, headgear, etc..  Tell me~~what is the danger in selling a hose?  One seller of the same hose I had listed has 5 available and has sold 22.  I think it's **bleep** but I'm going to just donate my hose to the thrift shop.

Message 77 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

I think it's a contradictory policy.

A crossbow is an intended weapon, a flare gun isn't, flare guns have actually saved lives.

And hunters are already killers.

I would never trust a hunter with my life, ( they have that killing instinct ) and I hate them all.

Message 78 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

@getitright1234 wrote:

@casagrandepawn wrote:

To my fellow ebayers,  My account was recently suspended (one month) for listing a flare gun. I certainly understand that rules are rules and we have to follow them, but here's the thing. The reason I messed up and listed this item is that I found it for sale on ebay and then found a completed listing to copy.  I never guessed that a flare gun would be classifed as a weapon although I now see the logic to some degree.

I think ebay could help sellers by improving the software to stop these listings before they become active.

It was a harsh lesson for my company in the forth quarter of the year.  Our company is 100% feedback and a top rated seller.  We need to ban together and stop unfair treatment of sellers. 

This is exactly what I said to all who would listen when I got a Vero for using the term:  Veil  Crow (sp), in a listing, who knew this was a violation,........(oh eBay did)  and as I listed this item it too went active and stayed active for weeks...... then boom a Vero strike.    

I,  100% agree with what you are saying, there should have been some pro-active programming that prevented these prohibited items and names from becoming activated listings.    

If you're meaning Velcro why would eBay prevent that word?   It's legitiment thing that can be sold on eBay.  It's a violation when it's not Velcro brand.  Just like using any other brand name for a non brand name item.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 79 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

@*madison wrote:

I think it's a contradictory policy.

A crossbow is an intended weapon, a flare gun isn't, flare guns have actually saved lives.

And hunters are already killers.

I would never trust a hunter with my life, ( they have that killing instinct ) and I hate them all.

Flare guns have explosives. Im betting that is why they are prohibited.

As for your other absurd statement, do you trust soldiers, especially snipers? By nature they are killers as well.

Message 80 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

@*madison wrote:

Go right now and do a search for a crossbow. You will find a real weapon (not something that "can" be used as a weapon) and it is FAR more lethal than a flare gun. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, in fact, I think not allowing flares guns and allowing crossbows is ridiculous.

In recent years, around 2009, the UK had a crossbow serial killer, he killed 3 women. I've never heard of a flare gun killer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-charged-killing-children-flare-gun-article-1.1580587

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/will-county/news/ct-joliet-arson-charges-0714-20170713-story.h...

Message 81 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

As for your other absurd statement, do you trust soldiers, especially snipers? By nature they are killers as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The military and hunters are very different.

Soldiers have an enemy and they kill to protect their country it's citizens.

Hunters are just pure evil.

There is a great video of an hunter just about to shoot a stag, but the stag got him first. The tables were turned that day, it's one of my favourite vids ever. The hunter became the hunted.

Message 82 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

@*madison wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The military and hunters are very different.

Soldiers have an enemy and they kill to protect their country it's citizens.

Hunters are just pure evil.

There is a great video of an hunter just about to shoot a stag, but the stag got him first. The tables were turned that day, it's one of my favourite vids ever. The hunter became the hunted.

Are you a vegitarian? If not, you might want to check out slaughter house videos, mass murder of animals with no mercy.

Personally I hunt and fish. I do so because Id rather KNOW the animal was killed fast in a humane manner, and not processed through a slaughter house (seriously, nasty places, even the "clean" ones are gross). I never take more than what I need to fill my freezer for the year (I live kinda in the middle of no where, a shopping trip in a 2 hour drive). I dont enjoy killing, but I like to eat, and there are only so many veggies that I can eat before Im desperate for a nice juicy steak or a nice smoked venison brisket.

Message 83 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

The LV shooter was a hunter. https://www.peta.org/blog/predictably-las-vegas-shooter-had-a-history-of-violence-to-animals/

As I said, I would never trust a Hunter with my life.

Message 84 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

I'm a vegan.

And I don't want to talk to hunters.

Syl.

Message 85 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

@*madison wrote:

The LV shooter was a hunter. https://www.peta.org/blog/predictably-las-vegas-shooter-had-a-history-of-violence-to-animals/

As I said, I would never trust a Hunter with my life.

99.99% of hunters dont flip out and kill people. The LV shooter was INSANE.

Message 86 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

Hello everyone,

Since this thread has gotten a bit off-topic, please bring the discussion back to "Account suspended".

Thanks!

Message 87 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

@kattinsanity wrote:

The reason I'm thanking you is that it proves a point.  I didn't get ANY suspension or anything for the listing violation.  I still have my TRS status.  The OP got a 30 day suspension and is no longer a TRS so I can only "guess" there is more to this story than is being told.

Exactly. Either the OP continued to list the item after it was pulled the first time or the Op has had multiple similar violations in the past. It's really hard to sympathize with somebody when it's pretty obvious they've broken the rules more than once

Message 88 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

You're right~~when the OP posted he said he was a TRS.  He is no longer a TRS.  There is more to this than he is admitting.  Also, Arby's is now going to be serving venison.

Message 89 of 105
latest reply

Account suspended

@kattinsanity wrote:

You're right~~when the OP posted he said he was a TRS.  He is no longer a TRS.  There is more to this than he is admitting.  Also, Arby's is now going to be serving venison.

Oh my goodness, I may have to drive in to town for that lol

As for the OP, in another thread, he is still blaming ebay. I really hope he pulls his head out of the sand or he wont be selling much longer

Message 90 of 105
latest reply