cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account restricted for selling brand new item

I listed this item, it's brand new, and still has the plastic on.

It's real, not a  counterfeit, this brand doesn't have counterfeits. It's not Apple AirPods...

Anyways, I got a message from ebay now saying they removed the listing and restricted my account for selling this.

There is no way to contact ebay on anything, they randomly shut down listings whenever a report is received.

Many of my listings are getting reported for no reason and get shut down like this.

I cannot contact ebay customer service, they all tell me "Oh ok, we see it, it will be solved in 10 days just wait" and nothing happens.

Ebay's customer service practices make no sense, they just tell you lies and hope that you will forget to contact them after 10 days or so.

is there any way to deal with this, or has ebay gone to the trash?

IMG_1752.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

There is no way to deal with this, other than dont list it again,curious why they pulled it? They dont pull a listing for one report, did they say it was fake?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

It's incredibly common for people selling new Apple products to have their listings pulled.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Not being snarky, but why? There are over 53,000 products listed.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Not being snarky, but why? There are over 53,000 products listed.

My guess is because out of those 53,000 there are a possible 10% that are fakes. OP, why did you not heed the first warning? Ebay always gives a seller a warning to not relist, when they do, they are serious about it.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Did you use the term ipod,  airpod, or Apple on your listing?

Did you double check your item specifics?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

It's incredibly common for people selling new Apple products to have their listings pulled.

But these are not Apple.  According to OP they are a brand that, unlike Apple product, is not known to be counterfeited. 

Would like to know what, if any reason, OP was given for removal.  Not that it matters, because it will change nothing, but I'm just curious.

-

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks @maxine*j. I glanced over the OP so fast that "It's not Apple AirPods..." is something I read as them saying they were Apple AirPods. I didn't even look at the pic. My mistake.

In re-reading, I don't know why the OP even referenced Apple AirPods since it's unrelated to their issue ... unless their previous takedowns were for Apple products, perhaps? For them to be suspended this can't be their first violation.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks @maxine*j. I glanced over the OP so fast that "It's not Apple AirPods..." is something I read as them saying they were Apple AirPods. I didn't even look at the pic. My mistake.

In re-reading, I don't know why the OP even referenced Apple AirPods since it's unrelated to their issue ... unless their previous takedowns were for Apple products, perhaps? For them to be suspended this can't be their first violation.

I had to read it twice to get it.  It even made me wonder if OP used "Apple iPods" somewhere in his listing -- you know, making the comparison which, of course, is considered keyword spaming, anyhow,

And since, at least so far as I know, a first removal comes with just a warning, I also assume this is not a "first offense."

-

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:
It even made me wonder if OP used "Apple iPods" somewhere in his listing -- you know, making the comparison which, of course, is considered keyword spaming, anyhow,

I wondered if category could be an issue, but I didn't find a cached version of the listing so we'll never know.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply