cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account restricted for 3 days due to alleged counterfeit item

I sell designer clothes and accessories and everything I sell is authentic and I have the receipts for them. Recently I received two emails saying that items removed because they are thought to be counterfeit. I contacted eBay and told them that I had receipts and can present them. eBay replied: we can't know.

Today I received an email saying my account is restricted because another item is counterfeit, which again is not. It is very strange that there is no appeal option, no way to present my case or prove otherwise. This is like them putting you in prison for stealing without any trial.

I have lamost 3300 positive feedback on eBay. Not a single negative feedback accusing me of selling fakes and lots of recent positive feedback telling that what they bought is authentic.

What am I supposed to do? I fear that after this 3 day period , I will be hit again for some random item and penalties will be worse.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

@eazyonlineshopping , you should have started your own thread, rather than tagging on to a thread that is several months old, because your situation is not the same as being discussed in this thread. OP had their items in hand, and said they have receipts for the purchases.

In your case, you are registered in Australia, and you appear to be dropshipping items from China, and listing them on eBay USA in US$. Dropshipping is always a risky business model, because many items from Chinese dropshippers are counterfeits.

I was able to find many listings on eBay with the identical title to your item that was removed. All from different sellers, all being dropshipped from China.

I would recommend that you find a better source for your inventory.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@eazyonlineshopping wrote:

Listings not following policy

255210022993 - Silk SCARF Women Luxury Scarves 2021 New Designer Large Long Shawl Wraps Bandana

What is the brand marking/labeling on the "luxury scarves" you were selling? Please post a picture (in the new thread you should start.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

255210022993 - Silk SCARF Women Luxury Scarves 2021 New Designer Large Long Shawl Wraps Bandana

If you sell legit items, you need to work on your listing search / keywords. Thats part of your problem.

Looks like you are concealing brand names in a listing.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

It's happened to me too, I bought all items from retail store, and have receipts, but eBay removed some lists that say they are counterfeit items. So disillusionary.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@kobebryant1992 wrote:

It's happened to me too, I bought all items from retail store, and have receipts, but eBay removed some lists that say they are counterfeit items. So disillusionary.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. Yikes! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

That's a good try, I called eBay to ask how can I know which items are allowed to list on eBay in the future because nobody knows,  and eBay says I can call them every time when I try to list an item. LOL

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

What should I do when I try to list a new item? Like ebay agent told me I can call them before I list a new item on ebay. 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Hello,

I have the same problem, I have listed LV Eva bag, and I have received message today, I have authenticated it now to Proauthenticators  nad got PDF file, I am asking an eBay agent to please give me email to send this authentication, but they told me that we dont accept anymore email from seller. I think we (Seller) must do something,,,

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

If you used stock photos is why eBay will get you for counterfeit. They restricted my account over a pair of apple EarPods and then my Tag Heuer which were both 100% legit ! I’m about to dump these jerkoffs and sell elsewhere! Banning me for 7 days for legit merch WHILE THEY TAKE 18% ($200) for every sale!!

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply