cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Restricted for Leaving Honest Feedback for Buyer Who Missused Returns

We have had our account restricted for leaving honest feedback on a buyer’s page.

Buyer requested return for item not as described claiming item not sealed.  We accepted return. Received it back, sealed exactly as stated in listing, uploaded picture of sealed item to return request. Issued refund of cost minus shipping through PayPal.  Ebay overrode our decision, taking money from our PayPal account to refund buyer in full. Buyer sent multiple abusive emails calling us a crook for not offering full refund. Buyer threatened negative feedback in messages and did actually leave negative feedback. We left honest feedback for buyer summarizing the bad experience we had with buyer misusing returns. Ebay restricted account because we were honest in our feedback about the buyer. 

Ebay gives option to leave feedback for buyer after transaction yet filters it so we can only leave positive.  Sellers get penalized with restrictions it we are honest.   Ebay is deciding more of these cases in favor of the buyer leaving sellers to pay the cost in return shipping fees and reputation. Buyers know they can abuse the policies and when confronted Ebay does nothing because they consider sellers as their “employees” instead of the entrepreneurial business people we truly are and consider our customers as their buyers not the consumers who desire our products at our prices. Thinking of moving $36,000 of listings to new platform totaling $80,000 in yearly sales.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 303
latest reply
302 REPLIES 302

Re: Account Restricted for Leaving Honest Feedback for Buyer Who Missused Returns

I AM APPALLED BY THE ACTIONS OF eBAY FOR THE CLEAR VIOLATION OF RETURNS AND A LYING BUYER. I don't blame you one bit for your feelings and I would leave ebay too. I am shortly,,After raising the FVF's to 12% discounting our Top Rated discount from 20% to 10% and the lack of Feedback importance, leaves me disgusted.

Message 256 of 303
latest reply

Re: Account Restricted for Leaving Honest Feedback for Buyer Who Missused Returns

I absolutely agree!!
Message 257 of 303
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

There's already plenty of carrying on.  Too much maybe. Smiley Very Happy

Funny you should say that!  I regretted that very quickly thereafter when I posted that!.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Message 258 of 303
latest reply

I was hoping everyone would understand it was a joke, not meant to hurt feelings. I also wasn't sure whether "carrying on" is one of those British and/or Canadian terms. Sometimes I get a blank stare when I say things to Americans.

Like parkade for instance lol.

Message 259 of 303
latest reply

I got it; I thought it was funny! Not everyone might, though, sometimes only one side is seen. You just never know who will get their knickers in a knot.  But that is the way it goes.

Message 260 of 303
latest reply

"there`s always barber college" ---- Dalton from the movie Road House

a little humor to lighten the day

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 261 of 303
latest reply

@seller*by*day wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

This is just an OT response, I'm mainly just muttering to my self, but

If irony could kill I'd be dead now.

Carry on, y'all!

The irony has been lost on some. Apparently they aren’t looking in the right place.

carry on!

oooooh!  can I play?

I'm thinking the sarcasm font missing from so many posts would make a great game - guess which posts need it and which don't!

Then once that's settled, guess who will get the last word!!!!

g'ahead, guess!  The challenge is issued!

stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Message 262 of 303
latest reply

Again the irony is lost! Back to the other boards where it's pleasant and no disagreements.

Message 263 of 303
latest reply

@cheyennetradingco wrote:

If you just want to quote the rules dont bother.   Rules are meant to be tweaked refined and rewritten to work for everyone. 

This, right here, is the root of a lot of problems in the world today.  People don't like the rules, so they act as if the rules have been "tweaked refined and rewritten" even though they have not been (which means they just ignore the rule and do as they please,  or interpret the rule  as they see fit to satisfy themselves).

You don't change the rules by breaking them, although I have to admit this tactic has worked in the past (thinking prohibition, Rosa Parks, et. al.,  and more recently marijuana).

Message 264 of 303
latest reply

Oh but they’re pretty firm they want therules to apply to the buyer, just not to them. So they do believe in some rules.

Message 265 of 303
latest reply

That's a pretty popular attitude around here, IMO.
Message 266 of 303
latest reply

Oh but they’re pretty firm they want therules to apply to the buyer, just not to them. So they do believe in some rules.

I don't think that's true at all. Many are missing the fact that there are things behind the scenes that only CS can see. Ya'll make it sound like none of us deserve to be here - when most of us fight just as hard for a buyer's rights as we do for a seller's.

Message 267 of 303
latest reply

Remember how your screen would fill up if you had all those post its on it (BSL)?

This is what contributes to that.  

Message 268 of 303
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Remember how your screen would fill up if you had all those post its on it (BSL)

This is what contributes to that.  

Do you have a link to a BSL page? I assume it means Blocked Seller List? Is this a new thing? I've never seen one. Like everyone else who buys quite a bit on ebay, I have run across a few sellers I'd like to bypass when shopping. Thanks!

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 269 of 303
latest reply

I don't believe there is such a thing  - that's why the reference to post its. I have to say in 20 yrs - I've only had a couple of unfavorable transactions here. Maybe buyers aren't vetting, asking the right questions, or looking in the right categories.

Most returns I have are for fit - with buyer's occasionally taking advantage of the free shipping if they choose SNAD. Like the buyer who claimed not as described for a t-shirt she bought listed in children's t-shirts and thought it would fit a grown man - or the woman who bought a junior's coat and thought it would fit her. Most of us don't have the junior body type after we hit 40 - if we last that long. She said the measurements should have fit her - but the cut of the coat was for a junior body type.

Message 270 of 303
latest reply