cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting Paypal as Payment anymore is not an option

Been on Ebay since 1999. Before even eBay Canada came afoot, which allows me to sell on both sites. eBay.ca and eBay.com

Ditto with being member of paypal since 2000.

Sadly, because Canadians can only accept paypal for payments, after 22 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars in part time sales and this being my hobby, I am giving it all up.

Why?

Paypal.

Paypal has changed. Since CEO Paul Parisi, President of PayPal Canada took over. Paul Parisi has turned Paypal into a scamming, dishonest, organization for both sellers and buyers.

Fees has increase 665% since 1999.

Just yesterday payPal changed their T.O.S. will change, once again,  charging another 5% fee for any dispute between buyer and seller they inactive with.

Paul Parisi is doing this for his CEO million dollars bonuses, he will get for temporary increasing paypal gain and short term profits in the short term, but customers and seller are fleeing en-mass in the long term.

Paul will eventually leave Paypal and his rein of terror will ruined a once great payment system. But he will be awarded with his ten of millions of dollars in bonuses.

I could go on, and on, listing many well planned qlitches paypal have purposely en-grated into their software disallowing withdrawals from their system. One example is changing your banking info. Their software will display "TRY AGAIN NOT AVAILABLE" on any new attempts to change your bank account. Only after many attempts of using their self auto-assistant crazy message system (only way to contact paypal) and if you manage to actually send a message to an real human paypal advisor, you might be lucky to have them do it, only after many many lost hours,  certainly not on your first attempt.

There are many other planned, too obvious built in qlitches. Paypal does not want you withdrawing funds, without fees involved, or filing claims OR EVEN CONTACTING THEM. Paypay want to charge you big fees if you do.

Alas sadly this is because of the greed of CEOs like Paul Parisi at paypal.

Goodbye and good riddance Paypal.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sorry, you must be mistaken. Paypal is the holy grail, just ask anyone.

(Please read the above with the dripping sarcasm that is intended.)

As a seller, I don't like Paypal. Never really have. They are wholly untrustworthy. I can't wait until I'm in managed payments. I'm sorry Canada can't get into it any time soon. 😞

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I sincerely hope eBay managed payments come to Canada. What a blessing. You can be sure paypal will be penny stock then.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

So just to be clear ... Sellers actually do have the option of accepting PayPal, it's just that in your case you are choosing not to. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just to be clear, I been accepting Paypal as payment for over 20 years. My post is about using paypal anymore is not an option. There is no other option in Canada except credit cards third party merchant platforms to collect payment from sellers on eBay.. I would like to see eBay sellers being allow etransfer payments from our banks or waiting till they roll out in Canada an eBay managed payment system such as the Etsy site has. Payments goes directly into your bank account. Using Paypal has become a crooked, scamming platform. Full of glitches, overpriced fees, bias decisions and a pointless wasted time management system for sellers and buyers.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

My goodness. I explain already. Are you a paypal analyst? Thank you. Goodbye.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@jewelbay@southern*sweet*tea;

Managed Payments is already available on eBay Canada. Here are a couple of recent announcements with more info about the rollout.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Your-Fall-Seller-Update-is-here/ba-p/445531

image.png

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Managed-Payments-Frequently-Asked-Questions/ba-p/439876

image.png

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@lacemaker3 

Why let a set of facts get in the way of a rant? 😂😱🤑😎

Thanks for sharing the facts!👍

Message 8 of 8
latest reply